Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By jwwPhotos
Hi all!

Hope the year has treated (and not tricked) you all well! Been horribly busy, but I did mange to carve a few pumpkins this year and get a chance to take a few photos of the results. I still have a bit of an issue with tracing the stencils on the pumpkin. I got the Saral transfer paper thinking it would help, but even with a stylus, I could not get it to transfer from the printer paper being a bit thick. I ended up using an exacto and cutting the shapes out and while that worked MUCH better, holding the shape was quite difficult with a now huge gaping mouth to where I basically just hand drew quite a bit of it. lol

Oh well.. only my 2nd year, but still love doing it. Here are some photos I took of the two I carved plus another of our decorations on the house. Enjoy!!!

By amandap80
Great pics, love the lighting reflected on the pumpkins!
By nosferatu
Loving the carves and especially those lights. Really understated but really cool 8)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nice pumpkin photos! Of course, I would expect great photos from you. ;) I really like the colored lights. Especially the purple. Purple is a good color for Halloween, but often the purple lights I've bought end up looking more pink than purple. Yours look to be a nice hue.

Transferring the pattern is often the tricky part. Printing the pattern on paper that is too thick could cause trouble. Did you say you used Saral Transfer Paper and traced with a stylus? Do you mean those tools for embossing, that have just a round point on the end (no ink)? I'd have trouble tracing with that, simply because I wouldn't be able to easily tell where I already traced. The worst is when you peel off the pattern and notice you forgot to transfer part of the design. Yes, even I've done that when I'm in a hurry. Anyway, if pattern transferring is plaguing you, maybe you could experiment with the Sulky Stick 'n Carve product. Especially if you're doing only a couple pumpkins. Could save some time and headaches.