Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Bravo020
Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh!

Just found out that my plans for Halloween have been dashed as I'll be
flying long haul to Australia on the 31st.

On that note, photo's of this years carvings will be a little earlier than
planned, I'm sure that vaseline, cling film and a dip in water will keep them
fresh enough, and the other half won't mind putting up all the decorations
without me.

Gonna miss seeing the kids in the street, and I can't even take my
Halloween mask on the flight without fear of getting kicked out of Oz
before I even arrive....

The only positive will be sunshine in Sydney!

Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh! Aarghh!
By sloaner
Great carves last year. I look forward to seeing more this year, and hope you have fun in the land down under.
By Bravo020
Well, plans are truely scuppered, as I think I now need to start my flight to Oz 23rd maybe 24th October.

I just dont think that 10 days before Halloween is going to work for clingfilm, and vaseline...?

I'm not sure I can persuade the other half to invest lots of time/effort soaking pumpkins in water each day to try and make them last for Halloween.....

Although I've not had any experience trying to make pumpkins last more than a couple of days once they have been carved....

Does anyone know if this is just "mission impossible", or is there any hope that I can salvage something of Halloween for my family while I'm in the land down-under...?

Many thanks,
By monstermash
Bravo020 wrote:
Does anyone know if this is just "mission impossible", or is there any hope that I can salvage something of Halloween for my family while I'm in the land down-under...?

Many thanks,
If you still want to carve some kins before you go then go for it. For the past few years ive left my kins outside after carving them/photographing etc and they can still look good ten days later. Maybe a little mouldy inside but the patterns usually look fine. An what with the weather as it normally is for us in the UK, they shouldn't rot too quickly. So yeah, carve 'em and keep 'em outside where its cold and usually wet. At least your family would enjoy them for a while instead of not at all.