Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Your display looks wonderful, great lighting out there! I find the most difficult part is getting decent photographs outside without much ambient light. Love your carves, those are fantastic! Excellent work on everything!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Aww, did I wait to long to come check out your photos, S.A.M? :cry:

I'm seeing a generic photobucket message for all of them which says, "Sorry, this person moved or deleted this image."

I always look forward to your brilliant pics. How can I see them!? :o
Oops sorry! I was tidying up my photobucket and inadvertently messed up all the links, well renaming a directory did it, I should have known but I'm sure it did say that links wouldn't be affected :? When I last checked it was all here but thinking now it was probably in my cache should be fixed now though and I've added a couple of more pictures to the post :)
Thanks to Ryan I was able to celebrate the Day of the Doctor in the best possible way; by carving a pumpkin of the 10th and 11th erm I mean the 11th and 12th Doctor :D

I just managed finish carving in time for the show but no time to photograph until afterwards, this pumpkin was freezing cold and quite woody to carve, perhaps it was half frozen? Not my best carving job but I was in a rush;

My mind was totally blown by the episode, Happy 50th Anniversary to the Doctor! Thanks again Ryan for the the amazing patterns and I hope you all had a great Doctor Who Day :thumbsup:
S.A.M - I didn't get to see your photos earlier (they were temporarily not showing up) so let me comment on a few things now.

The backdrop makes for a good Halloween themed setting. Even if you've used it before, it's great to set the scene. Not everyone makes the same effort. I get many photos of pumpkins propped on stoves and washing machines. :lol:

The shapes of your pumpkins are quite unique. Some are almost teardrop shaped! Or maybe a comparison to candy corn shape is more fitting! I see these shapes allow you to pick designs based on what will fit best. The red vs blue lighting - I can't decide either. I vote for some of each! And black and white for the Frankenstein couple!

Is that an iPad with the Frankenstein photos? Hey, that's a great way to display a matching prop image. Easily changed.

Your cuts are accurate, even with the small teeth and delicate parts. I know these patterns intimately, and I can see that you accurately reproduced them in pumpkin flesh!

I'm happy to hear that your Halloween went well! And the Weeping Angel was well recognized? Glad to know this too. It was one of the more popular V.I.P. patterns actually. The second hand on the Weeping Angel is perfect. The only reason I didn't include it in the design is because it didn't fit on the page. But I knew smart folks like you could make another hand and flip it.

As always, your decorations are great. And not at all over the top. JUST RIGHT!! I love when trick or treaters want to take photos of my display (even posing with my pumpkins and decorations). Of course, they photograph the pumpkins with their cell phone, with with a flash going off. Surely those photos won't come out too great, but at least people are excited.

The stairs shot! Phew, thank gourd you didn't forget. ;)

If those viewing your display liked the angel, maybe you can carve a Doctor or two for Halloween night next time. Sure to be a hit. I can't believe you were able to carve those two Who patterns right before the Day of the Doctor special aired. I was a bit late getting those up, but you did them quickly and I was thrilled to see that!