Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By mesmark
SAM - Great job with those! I like the red in the first picture and the blue in the second (original post.) In those two the background is bold and the pumpkins still pop out.

The werewolf and ghost pirate look killer! Great job with those.

I agree about those scene setters. I have two of those plastic ones that I'll never use. I hate that they reflect the light. It's why I started using cloth for all of my photo spots and scene backgrounds.
By S.A.M
I'm really really tired but I wanted to update on Halloween, there might be spelling mistakes I'm that tired but bear with me :lol:

So Halloween is over with for another year and it was fantastic! I hope yours was too :) The Weather was perfect, crystal clear sky; a wonderfully cold crisp star lit night, it could only have been better if it was a full moon. I was trick or treated to death and everyone loved the display! A tonne of awesome comments about the pumpkins, the Weeping Angel was the hit of the night and was recognised and identified by plenty of people, surprised me tbh.
Such a vast improvement on last years wash out. I had youngsters too scared to come down the path, crying because they didn't like it, perfect!! I did have one negative comment along the lines of 'isn't it all bit over the top?' Pfft! Don't think so! Some people just don't get it do they?

Without further ado here are the pictures, I hope you enjoy them :)

Zombie Pumpkins on display

Severed zombie head spiked:

Another one, gruesome!
When I put the severed heads on the bamboo canes I used latex glue (copydex) to coat the cane under the head and poured fake blood down it, as the latex dried with the blood it had this gruesome fleshy look and texture, you can just see it in this picture:

Bloody cane:

Grinning jack hanging around;

Plants Vs Zombie Pumpkins

Most of the display & lights;

*EXTRAS 10.11.13*
Better view of severed mummy head;

Halloween Tree different lighting + view

And that was Halloween 2013! A perfect night, even if I have been run off my feet and I've just realised I've missed my Halloween update deadline it's 1/11 here now :/ I just want to thank Ryan for the amazing patterns as usual and all of you for making this THE place for Halloween, I best get going before I get as mushy as a week old jack-o'-lantern :D

What?

I've not forgot anything have I?

Nah!

The stairs shot, I've gotta do it :lol:

A bit wonky but I think I like it, it's different. I tell myself :lol:

Hanging up the minion shirt for another year;

See you all for Halloween 2014! Well I'll be around on the forums soon but I really need to crash out first :D
Last edited by S.A.M on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I can't tell you how glad I am that you're night went so well. After all it is about time at least some of us Brits got a dry night. (wet and windy here but I wasn't answering my door, humbug!)
I must say I could barely look at your garden pics though, its all a bit over the top for me... :roll: :lol: What a wally but you can't please 'em all.

I think the addition of the second hand makes the Weeping Angel carve ten times better and scarier than it already was.
I know I shouldn't but i'm going to have to pinch your stairs idea for a few of my crop this year, it works so well.

Have a well deserved rest and seeing as halloween is over have a great 1st of November. :D
monstermash wrote:I can't tell you how glad I am that you're night went so well. After all it is about time at least some of us Brits got a dry night. (wet and windy here but I wasn't answering my door, humbug!)
I must say I could barely look at your garden pics though, its all a bit over the top for me... :roll: :lol: What a wally but you can't please 'em all.

I think the addition of the second hand makes the Weeping Angel carve ten times better and scarier than it already was.
I know I shouldn't but i'm going to have to pinch your stairs idea for a few of my crop this year, it works so well.

Have a well deserved rest and seeing as halloween is over have a great 1st of November. :D
Thanks for your comment MM, the weather was great, a threat of a shower early on but that was it, it blew over. I put up my display and pack it all away on the same day with little help from anyone else hence why I'm zombified!
I'd love to see you do the group shot on the stairs :D I think it was Nos who put the Weeping Angel second hand idea in my head, I think he said summat about mirroring a bit of the pattern or I might just be going crazy :lol:
Congratulations S.A.M.

Awesome display as always and the ubiquitous stairs shot....with added minion shirt! I love that shot. Halloween just would not be the same without it. Given the size of your kins, I'm impressed they didn't topple over.

I was thinking of flipping that Weeping Angel hand but my pumpkins weren't overly big to do it. I think you were already a little bit crazy in the first place! You however have executed it perfectly. I agree it actually improves the design as it gives it a bit more balance and it does indeed look scarier. All the carves are perfect as I would expect from you.

Great outdoor display too and I love the way everything is lit. It looks amazing. The weather does make a massive difference too.

Now its over, November is here, go and grab yourself a mince pie.
Your carves, display and pictures are top notch! I'm glad you had great weather. For the most part it was nice here, just a bit of wind. However I now want to go to sleep as it's 1 a.m. but the tornado alerts just wont be quiet! At least it held off for the important part of the night!!

LOVE the stairs shot!!
Awesome! and I love the hanging up of the minion work shirt.

I think it is possible to be over the top, but your display looks great and even for the softcore Halloween people, your display is very tasteful. It's a little scary but just enough for a nighttime Halloween stroll. I would have loved to have a yard like that near my house. My response would have been something along the lines of "Maybe next year you should just stay home and watch TV. That's nice, safe, and comfortable." :D

The second hand on the weeping angel is fantastic. I think it is now a must if I ever get a pumpkin big enough to carve it.
Thanks for your comments guys, Raven I'm sorry to hear the weather was against you this Halloween I've had plenty of windy Halloweens... and it wasn't down to the chilli and jacket potatoes :lol: :frank:
nosferatu wrote:Congratulations S.A.M.

Great outdoor display too and I love the way everything is lit. It looks amazing. The weather does make a massive difference too.

Now its over, November is here, go and grab yourself a mince pie.
Thanks for the kind comments Nos :D The weather being on your side can really lift your spirits after I packed the display away it started raining heavy around midnight, it was a perfect window of wonderful weather, just what I wanted! I am actually quite looking forward to my first mince pie of the festive season and baking some Christmas cakes :shock:
mesmark wrote:Awesome! and I love the hanging up of the minion work shirt.

I think it is possible to be over the top, but your display looks great and even for the softcore Halloween people, your display is very tasteful. It's a little scary but just enough for a nighttime Halloween stroll. I would have loved to have a yard like that near my house. My response would have been something along the lines of "Maybe next year you should just stay home and watch TV. That's nice, safe, and comfortable." :D

The second hand on the weeping angel is fantastic. I think it is now a must if I ever get a pumpkin big enough to carve it.
Thanks :) It's very possible to go over the top, the butcher I shop at suggested I buy some offal for my display :shock: :lipssealed: Yeah the extra hand on the weeping angel really does balance the pattern especially on a that shape pumpkin, perhaps it'll be officially added as an extra seeing as most agree that it makes the pattern better.

What I loved about this Halloween was the atmosphere; no one was running around desperate to get in from the wind and rain. People were stood around taking photos and asking if they could get amongst the display for a photo with it all, I wonder how many Facebook status updates my garden featured in? :lol: Someone came up with a car full of kids just to trick or treat us, don't know if they were lazy or came from the far side of town.

Do any of you have "rules" for trick or treaters? If you trick or treat me and you're not in a costume you get one piece of candy, a mini chup chups lolly, in costume your choice of two treats from the bowl, if you're polite and said thanks you can have an extra treat.
Love the display amazing job on everything and really nice photos. I am always looking for unique Kins when I go looking and all I normally find out of the norm is extremely big ones, your bride and monster are very cool Kins. Love your zombies as well.