Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By amandap80
Lovely carves, nice and clean! I am excited that the Target pumpkins carved so well. Did you use a hot knife?
By SuperSonic
Fantastic carves! I'm going to have to drop into my local Target stores tomorrow and check this out for myself. I'll be rather miffed if different parts of Ontario stock them and others do not.

Great group shot :thumbsup:
By SCAREcrow
amandap80 wrote:Lovely carves, nice and clean! I am excited that the Target pumpkins carved so well. Did you use a hot knife?
For the Grim Reaper which Sean did first he used a PM artificial pumpkin carving saw (He couldn't wait for our order from ZP! to arrive) and for the rest we used our pro carving kits.
SuperSonic wrote:Fantastic carves! I'm going to have to drop into my local Target stores tomorrow and check this out for myself. I'll be rather miffed if different parts of Ontario stock them and others do not.

Great group shot :thumbsup:
I got mine in Lindsay. When I got there, only 5 of the 13" foamies remained so I scooped up 4 (one was cracked around the stem). They had quite a few of the smaller ones and some were black and white but I went with all orange. The original price was 15$ For the tall ones which would still be better on the pocket. Everything Halloween related seemed to be on sale but it was all pretty picked through.

Good luck! I hope your store has them
By monstermash
Wow SCAREcrow! They all look terrific. I really like your pattern choices, nice and scary with exception of the minions of course which are really cute.
By SCAREcrow
Thanks for the compliments! Its nice to hear such good things, it adds a lot of excitement to the carves :)

We tackled 6 more kins' tonight!

I carved this one, definitely not happy with how it turned out

Sean:

Mine:

Sean:

Mine, I really like how this turned out!

Sean:

And a group shot with the foamies

After tonight we only have 2 more to go!

I cant believe we made such a leap, last year were had a mere 6 and thought that was overboard... This year we have a 24 of kin'... :twisted:
By zombombie
mesmark wrote:the group shot is amazing and good job banging out the pumpkins. I like the lines you have in the back of the pumpkins. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Are you scraping them with a fork or something :?:

When will you start displaying them?
The JackoRipper maybe? I want one of those!
By SCAREcrow
mesmark wrote:the group shot is amazing and good job banging out the pumpkins. I like the lines you have in the back of the pumpkins. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Are you scraping them with a fork or something :?:

When will you start displaying them?
Thank you!

Like Zombombie said, we are using the PM jack o' ripper. Thanks to this forum I spotted the big nice metal one at Micheals everyone was raving about in a previous thread. I also saw the new model, the cheaper, more flimsy plastic one at Target so I'm glad I scooped this one! Its a really handy tool - can gut and scrape/thin out a pumpkin in under 5 minutes!

Zombombie - I suggest getting one, I suppose its hard to get certain products in your neck of the woods eh?

We wont be putting them out on display until the big night unfortunately, the neighborhood I am in (student and low income housing) and the measly size of my front yard they would be goners in an instant!
Last edited by SCAREcrow on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.