Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Very cool but man did it take him a long time to carve that pumpkin he got up 30 times
By Raven
Ajax wrote:Very cool but man did it take him a long time to carve that pumpkin he got up 30 times

LOL! It's a good thing it was time lapse! It was the hole poking that got me. Someone needs to send him some Saral Paper at least!
I love seeing the carving videos people post, because I get so see everyone's techniques. And often I say, "Ooh, you have a lot of patience, but don't you know it could be so much easier/faster." I really need to make some tutorial videos and show everyone how to get speedy.
By SCAREcrow
Wow, he sure spends a lot of time moving around!
NikkiRae wrote:I definitely do not have that man's patience. When I am carving, I sit there until I'm finished with one complete pumpkin or more before I move. I've spent 4 hours on the kitchen floor without moving lol
I'm the same way, can't move until it's finished.

Do most people carve with a light in the pumpkin like this? The last few time lapse carves I have watched do. Does it make it easier to see the pattern come to life or is the light just used for video effects?

I give props to this man for carving with that knife though, I could never do that!
By chuckwagon
I actually still go by the hole poke method... Maybe I'm part of a dying breed, but it helps me savor the experience, and i feel like i get to bring one of Ryan's patterns to life twice in one sitting because after I have the stencil transferred, I play connect the dots so I can see exactly where I want my Dremel to go. I can spend upwards of 3 hours just on one carve, but after I finally get done it's all worth it :D
By mesmark
yeah, no poking here. Also, I turn my pumpkin on his back, face up to the sky and carve down. so, no candle in the pumpkin.

I spend less 40 minutes on each pumpkin. It takes about 5 min. to gut and 30 minutes to transfer and carve, even the more difficult patterns (less for easier patterns and low cut count.) I was shocked at the breaks and total time for the carve. :pale:

Anyway, cool to see the video though and good on him for making it and nice carve in the end.
By SCAREcrow
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I don't know about the rest of the world, but I don't carve with a light in my pumpkin. I like to feel "surprised" when I light it up at the very end. That's the best part!
The final lighting is my favorite part as well, I was just wondering what other carvers do.
chuckwagon wrote:I actually still go by the hole poke method... Maybe I'm part of a dying breed
I do the hole poke method as well.. although I did pick up some stick'n carve - not nearly enough for all my kins though.
By Pargolf
Gut with clay loop, trace with Saral paper, Carve, clean up = 40 minutes!!!

"shades" take a little longer. Especially if the carve is a portrait . The eyes are the hardest thing for me. If you screw up the pupils, Just toss it in the trash. Nothing worse then having a cross eyed "Abe Lincoln". :oops: I attempted this carve of Harry Potter and just barely nicked the left eye with the carving tool. Now instead of Harry, I got one eyed Willy. In the trash he went. Do over... AGGGH
By ghostface
That's always how I carve my kins, hole poking! That's how my dad always taught me. Might have to try something new sometime! Anyway love these time lapses!