Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By monstermash
My mum wanted to carve a kin for her sister who is coming up for a holiday. They both love pirates. I told her i'd upload it here to be judged by the best. :D We added the "Yo Ho Ho" as there was plenty of uncarved flesh at the bottom.

:pirate:
By nosferatu
Argh, she carves a beautiful kin so she does aargh! :pirate: :pirate:

Carving obviously runs in the genes. Don't be getting too jealous if she starts carving more than you though :shock: you have a hard act to follow.

Great pic, props and setting. You are the UK's equivalent of Raven, sorry the Scottish Raven. 8) love that storm lamp
By SuperSonic
That be a fine carve so it is! I love it! The "Yo Ho Ho" fits perfectly. :pirate:
By amandap80
Wow she did an excellent job, that is awesome! Love the yo ho ho and the props!
By Ajax
Wow, I'm impressed great photo, props and modifications to the pattern.
By monstermash
MonsterMum thanks you all for the lovely comments, you've all inspired her to try carving again. She said her back hurt a bit towards the end but all in all I think she enjoyed it. I think she liked dressing the scene more than anything, its fun finding bits and bobs that look a bit piratey.
Nos, i'll take the UK's equivalent of Raven over the Scottish any day :D . Not getting into politics or anything though, *cough* better together *cough cough*. I'll not be painting my face blue and shouting at you over the border in 2014.
By zombombie
monstermash wrote:MonsterMum thanks you all for the lovely comments, you've all inspired her to try carving again. She said her back hurt a bit towards the end but all in all I think she enjoyed it. I think she liked dressing the scene more than anything, its fun finding bits and bobs that look a bit piratey.
Nos, i'll take the UK's equivalent of Raven over the Scottish any day :D . Not getting into politics or anything though, *cough* better together *cough cough*. I'll not be painting my face blue and shouting at you over the border in 2014.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Take from that what you will... ;)
Tell your mum she has the full approval of the Patch Master. Seriously those lines are smooth and the shapes are even. The dangling charm on the skulls forehead can be delicate, but it seems she had no trouble. The "Yo Ho Ho" is so good, I want to add it to the actual pattern.

And of course, the photos are amazing. I think we're all going to become hoarders, collecting bits and bobs that we might one day need for a pumpkin photo shoot. I LOVE this stuff. :pirate: