Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
amandap80 wrote:Thanks everyone! Raven, your pic was fantastic as well, and MM, you must go watch this movie now!
Thanks! But really, yours blew me away!

I was trying to explain to my husband what I was going for in my picture saying I wanted it to look like the masquerade party scene and I was like "you know how her dress was all white and sparkly". He looked at me strange and then told me he has NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE! I'm sure this is grounds for divorce, but I decided to use this as a teaching experience for him instead. I have a feeling he would tell me he has never seen The Princess Bride if I didn't watch it every single time I caught it on t.v...
Jareth looks absolutely flawless!! I am so jealous of your photos!! I've been complaining about my crappy digital camera for too long. I always see your pics and just drool at the artistic nature of them... In fact, it would be fair to say that I enjoy the settings just as much as the carves themselves. You do some really awesome work!
chuckwagon wrote:Jareth looks absolutely flawless!! I am so jealous of your photos!! I've been complaining about my crappy digital camera for too long. I always see your pics and just drool at the artistic nature of them... In fact, it would be fair to say that I enjoy the settings just as much as the carves themselves. You do some really awesome work!
Thanks, it is just a cannon Powershot. I wish I had a better camera! I do have a heck of a lot of crap in my house to serve as props though, LOL. I need to post pictures of my house!
amandap80 wrote: MM, you must go watch this movie now!
Don't worry amanda I've lost count how many times I've watched it in the past but I just wanted to refresh my memory and see if any small prop ideas popped out. Sadly I had no time to build the crazy stairs or a labyrinth and I chickened out on the leggings front. On a sort or side note, apart from Bowie himself, my favourite character in the film is the old woman goblin in the dump with the big pile of rubbish on her back. I wonder if I'll turn out like her if I keep hoarding things that I might one day use in a pumpkin picture. :lol:
Sorry I've fallen behind in checking out all your carving photos. Grave 'n' Raven looks crisp as usual, and a great choice for foam. Always good to have a classic Halloween image on hand.

Ditto for the owl. They work well together, 2 of a kind, birds of a feather, now and forever (totally stumbled into that quote by accident as I was typing).

It's great how everyone has their own photo style. I could probably just look at a photo and be able to guess who set it up. Hagatha has some great witchy props!

Oh wow. :shock: Look at your Goblin King! You just happened to have a white owl handy, huh? :lol: So so cool! Love that photo. I'll hold back my comments about Bowie in your bed. :lipssealed: