Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
well, today is as good of a day as any. Here are the first 5 and we'll have a few more to add to the porch tomorrow as well.

haunted manor

Frute Brute
I've seen this photo idea before ... let me think ... hMM :pirate:
I just walked into my classroom about dusk. In the window was the werewolf windowkin slowly fading with the sunset. I jumped on the photo op, but it was handheld since I need to turn the camera. Not too bad ...

something mummy

dementia the clown

we tried to get a shot of him juggling

and my favorite of the pictures - Demi

I was rushing to try to get these pictures off. Demi was the last one and I used the 3 sec. timer and got a much crisper picture. I might have another go and maybe see if I can dig out a few more props. Unfortunately, I don't have many small things to place along side a pumpkin ...
Last edited by mesmark on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
By nosferatu
Fruit brute is just awesome. Really great idea and superbly executed. Absolutely love it. The juggling idea is cool too in fact they are all outstanding.

Dementia is one of my all time favourite patterns and I love the composition and the lighting. Not gonna comment on the carves as they are always done superbly. There are five or six minions on here who I always look forward to seeing their carves. Not for the level of carving, I take that for granted but for their skill and creativity at composing a picture. For instance, I always remember your Lightning McQueen pics.

Cool stuff Mark, very cool.
By pagemaster1993
Very nice work MesMark. Your placement for the photos are awesome. Keep up the good work.
By SuperSonic
Just amazing. Pure awesomeness. Everything is just superb, from the carving itself, to the composition. As simple as it is, I think Demi is my favorite of these. I just love the pattern and you've done it with a perfectionist attitude. Love it!

I also agree with the above post about McQueen and Mater. Never forget that masterpiece.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more from you.
By mesmark
Thanks guys! Although, it's getting pretty hard to keep up with everyone around here. I think the McQueen/Mator road trip was the peak of my photo career. I'm just trying to ride the wave :P

For a guy with closets full of Halloween stuff, I am actually surprised that I don't have more items I can place by a pumpkin :thumbsdown:
By Ajax
Incredible, I don't think you peaked at all. As awesome as your previous photos were these are pretty high up there. My favorite is frute brute very well done.
By Raven
:shock: Absolutely stunning!! I'm always jealous at others pictures and use of lighting especially. 3 second timers, using tripods, ect. I just point, hold my breath in hopes it will keep the camera from moving and press the button. :P

I like Demi a lot, too. He looks particularly evil.
By amandap80
Oh my gosh, those are awesome! Great carving and photography! I love the shading worked into the patterns, especially on Haunted Manor. :)
By monstermash
RavensDestiny wrote::shock: Absolutely stunning!! I'm always jealous at others pictures and use of lighting especially. 3 second timers, using tripods, ect. I just point, hold my breath in hopes it will keep the camera from moving and press the button. :P

I'm exactly the same RD. I always mean to figure out exposure and the like but if ive not got someone with me who knows how to do it I just point and shoot.
Mes, they are all terrific! I especially like your Frute Brute/Howl-o-ween, you must have had some great inspiration for that one. :wink: :lol:
I feel the same as you about props and composition, i'm always trying to do something different but its difficult. I need to take some of my kins further a field this year like you did with Lightning McQueen and like Ravens did with Jason and her Hubby. That is one of all time favourites.
Keep 'em coming, I need some inspiration. :D
By nosferatu
That is a brilliant set of photos. Real photo journalism, telling the story from beginning to end. The looks of concentration and pride in their achievements. Great stuff.
By matspud
Great carves and a real family affair. Looks like everyone is having a great time. My fav is the minion duo :-) did you adapt the second pattern yourself? :D
By pagemaster1993
Great carves. Nice editing of the Minion pattern. Your going to have a family of great carvers.