Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I like your first shot of the raven better reminds me of something out of a hammer horror film, the colors are so bright like those movies use to be. remember the deep red blood colors etc. Snow White is awesome, a pattern totally not on my radar and yours turned out so good now I want to carve it the apples are a great prop and the photo is nice. I'm impressed you have so much carving done already. How many Kins do you have left are you doing any for oct 31st or just spreading them through the month? Can't wait to see what you come up with next. I'm working on a few ideas but with 25 + Kins to carve starting Monday I'm going to be hard pressed to come up with anything as awesome as what I've been seeing this year.
Thanks for all of the nice comments. It's been fun putting these little photo shoots together. It really adds to the fun of carving.
Ajax wrote:I like your first shot of the raven better reminds me of something out of a hammer horror film ... Snow White is awesome, a pattern totally not on my radar and yours turned out so good now I want to carve it ... How many Kins do you have left are you doing any for oct 31st or just spreading them through the month?
Thanks! I like the first Raven photo as well. It's a little over exposed but that's life.

I carved Cinderella a few years back in the same way. It was a big hit with my students and I heard one girl is coming to my party as Snow White. So, I thought she'd get a kick out of the pumpkin.

I have about 5 more pumpkins to carve on Wed. and Thurs. Then I'll do 4 pirate patterns on Sat. for my party on Sun. On Saturday, I also have a carving party where students, friends and family will carve 11 pumpkins.

25 pumpkins together always looks awesome! You have such great massive displays.

I'm running out of ideas for props and places to take pictures. This last set required another road trip to find some interesting places.
monstermash wrote:I can't see the Zombie Host pic but i'm sure its as lovely as the others.
Hmm. It seems to be loading here. Maybe it's the reoccurring pictures on the site problem.

Thanks for the nice comments on the photos!
Superb work on the shadows mesmark! I am envious of shadowers. I can't muster the confidence, nor do I know how to do it properly. Great work :thumbsup:
Thanks everybody! The shadow didn't turn out as bold as I wanted it, maybe because the ground wa concrete and competing with the pumpkin light. I thought taking it outside would be better, so I could get a black background. Inside on the carpet might have been a decent call.
SuperSonic wrote:Superb work on the shadows mesmark! I am envious of shadowers. I can't muster the confidence, nor do I know how to do it properly. Great work :thumbsup:
Sonic - it's pretty easy. Just go over the lines with an exact-o knife (or similar) and then use a wood carving chisel to break away the skin. The skin will break and peal right up to where you split it with the exact-o knife. Instead of a wood carving chisel I think you could even use a flat-head screwdriver. Just go from the inside of the piece, out toward the edge to pull up the skin.
Adorable! Can't wait to take a crack at these patterns myself. Another awesome shot and carve. The shading is looking great.