Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Raven wrote:
It's nice to see a coal fire as well. We heat the house burning coal every winter and when we tell people they act like we live in the 1800's or something. No one else seems to burn it.

You've got to love a coal fire, there is nothing nicer in the depths of winter to come into a roaring, glowing fire. We had that one at the weekend as our central heating was being replaced and it was really cold. We generally just have a fire in winter because its cosy and Christmassy. Unfortunately it's not practical for us to rely on it to heat the house alone although we did up until about 12 years ago. It's a real pain having to clean out the ashes and fetch more coal and wood first thing in a morning, especially of it's freezing outside. And coal isn't cheap anymore. Each room in our house had its own fireplace but they have all been covered up except in the living room and one other room. It's a shame, i'd have loved one in my room.
I'm almost finished carving, honest. :D Dia De Los Muertos was carved on Monday. It was a freezing cold, deadly still night, great for photos but I couldn't stay out for long as Ripper Street was staring. I managed to get this pic and a group one before my eyes froze over. The kins in the groupy are what I had left that were still recognisable.

And tonight I carved Captain Spaulding, Ghoul, and Otis Driftwood. The coal bunker was a creepy enough place for this pic and I just happened to have a corpse in there and a few skulls. :twisted:

My mum took this picture for me as she was too chicken to lay in the spider infested scary a** coal bunker. So that's my arm playing the part of the victim fallen foul of the "Rejects". I too hate spiders but thankfully they left me alone. I'd also like to add that lying on coal isn't a barrel of laughs either, oh how we suffer for our art. :lol:
I can't believe it's possible that your pics can get more awesome, yet they are!

I'm jealous you still have pumpkin's to carve. Mine are all gone and rotting away in my pumpkin graveyard. All my Halloween decorations are boxed up and ready to make the trip back up into the attic. :cry:
Wow awesome use of fog! Fogger, natural? Great shots and carves. The skull is awesome have yet to attempt that and think I only have one copy of it in my collection of patterns. Was looking through them last night and actually think I'm missing a few VIPs.
Oh seriously? Come on! Give the rest of us a sporting chance at least! Evil Ash is my favourite by far, although I do like the triumvirate too. I particularly like the reflection. Such a creative idea, it works brilliantly. Oddly though, I prefer it in colour.

Love what you have done with the Sugar Skull too. I really like the lighting and the miasma of the picture. The group shots are just so damn good, they are perfectly staged. They are so damn good, I might just move you to my foe list 8)
Wow! Look at those aged skulls in the evil Ash pumpkin photo! :o :pale: :shock:
That photo is amazing!

The sugar skull photo might be my favorite of the year.

Great job on everything this year. I hope it made up for not having a party, but I hope you saved up enough energy this year to give the party a go next year.

I need more partners in crime :pirate: :phantom: :frank: :)= :arrowhead:
Thanks a million everyone. All but a few have now met their soggy end in the garden waste bin. Poe, Day o' the Dead, classic trio and house of 1000...3 are still going strong. And the two un-carved kins including Big Bertha are still sitting in the shed awaiting their date with the Pro carving tool.

I'll post most of them again just so ive got a quick reference to them.
The photo of Gandalf, shot through the ring is nice. I'm not sure how you could have done it differently really. Probably the most creative pumpkin photo of the Grey Pilgrim I've seen.

The Hessian photo is always great, I must steal your idea of using a projector for backgrounds! And how do you produce the fog and smoke? I hope you have a smoke machine, and aren't setting your home on fire just to get photographs.

I also want to borrow your idea of adding text to my carved designs. Love the "Yo ho ho" and "Hi Georgie." And I'm still amazed at some of the props and locations you have available. It's like you live in some movie prop studio with so many period weapons and skulls and candlesticks.

Jack Skellington emerging from inside the Pumpkin King! Fantastic idea! You may not be happy with how all your photos turned out (things often don't materialize the way we picture in our mind) but we don't know what you were envisioning so... when you post a photo that is so cool and surprising, we love it!

I was hoping someone would combine Grave 'n' Raven with Edgar Allan Poe. Superb! And Ash with Ash. Groovy! And I know what you mean about suffering for our art. Lying in the coal was worth that photo.

You also stretched your celebrations beyond Halloween, recognizing both Dia De Los Muertos and Guy Fawkes Night. Hope you saved something to carve at the start of May for Walpurgis Night. ;)

I bet these pictures will give other people ideas. So thanks for your inspiration!