Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Ajax
Nice I was going to do that to but I didn't have time. Great carve so clean. Wish there was a Jessie to go with it. Just got finished watching it and it was amazing.
By nosferatu
That's a great carve and I love the lighting. The shadows, silhouettes and props all add to the effect. Great job!
By SuperSonic
Fantastic work!! Very impressive and such cleanlieness of the lines. Envious I am, HMMM!!
By punchi
Thanks! I could've taken the walls a bit thinner, but I was soooooo ready to carve a pumpkin! This year, I'm going to have to space them out instead of trying to have them all at once... we have no trick or treaters, so they're really just for me anyway. I can always use my foamies for the quantity shock! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I'll second what everyone said... such clean lines. Any tricks to achieve that?

The photo is great too. Perfect amount of light, inside and out. Nice colored lights and crows lurking about. If this is your first, I can only imagine what you'll cook up for your next carving photos.
By punchi
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I'll second what everyone said... such clean lines. Any tricks to achieve that?
Ummmm... I don't know. In the zig zaggy cuts (like around his mouth/beard) I start in the middle of the the piece that's going to be cut out and cut down the pattern lines, then do the same on the other end of the point. It's hard to explain, but basically the intersections of the cuts makes the point of the angle... I feel like this keeps them crisper and also keeps me from accidentally cutting one off. And that was a REALLY good pumpkin. Just the right density and nice and juicy... it was easy to scrape and cut!

Also, I like to think I'm pretty decent at cutting things... I groom dogs so my cutting hand/wrist/arm is pretty steady. But don't ask me to draw anything! :wink: