Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.

Eye of the Beholder

Yeah. I started early. And I'm rather happy how this one turned out, all bad things considered. The transfer paper actually failed on the Funkin's skin for whatever reason. I checked my Saral to see if it was on right, and it was. However, I decided that I would just tape this mother down and carve to the best of my ability, and this is how it turned out. :)

I will in all likely hood sand out some of the rough edges soon and post a better pic in this post, but for now this is what you get :)

I did find a Funkin while I was down in the States this week and brought it home, and I liked my results. I like these better than the Gemmy's! I felt more like I was holding a Pumpkin, rather than a molded piece of foam. Thickness was constant through out. I like it.

So. One of my favorite patterns who somehow gets ousted year by year, finally gets his place on a foamie. I GIVE YOU, Eye of the Beholder!!!! :D :twisted:
Last edited by SuperSonic on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By chuckwagon
SuperSonic wrote: I did find a Funkin while I was down in the States this week and brought it home
I'm calling border patrol, and having you detained for pumpkin trafficking with intent to carve, LOL.
Look at you, SuperSonic... off to an early start! I was about to credit you with the first carve of 2013 (not counting watermelons) but I think that honor went to pagemaster1993.

I wonder who will be the first to show off a carving on a real pumpkin. Or the first to show off a 2013 pattern design carved into a real pumpkin. Hmmm....

I figured that it was a Funkin in your photo, based on the reflective and lumpy surface inside. The lumps on the inside actually work great for this pattern, it looks like he was extra wrinkles and warts! I'm happy that you liked the experience of carving this type of faux-kin.
By Raven
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Look at you, SuperSonic... off to an early start! I was about to credit you with the first carve of 2013 (not counting watermelons) but I think that honor went to pagemaster1993.

I wonder who will be the first to show off a carving on a real pumpkin. Or the first to show off a 2013 pattern design carved into a real pumpkin. Hmmm....
I carved a real 'kin in January of this year!! :P

It looks great SuperSonic! I'm glad you liked the Funkin and I agree that pattern looks great on one with the lumpy looking inside. Love the green light as well.
By SuperSonic
I did some clean up work and here it is!

I'm going to tackle the sanding tomorrow. I need to do some costume shopping, Hallmark ornament shopping and such tomorrow. So I will post the final pic on here too.
By SuperSonic

My latest! Since the lack of new site was getting me down, I decided a carve was in order :)

Boogedy Boo!!! :frank:

Although on this pattern I can never get the ghosts arms done correctly, and by that I mean the same width consistently