Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
I have been forgetting to post this for some time now, but I was actually commissioned to do this carve (well after Halloween) for my Sister's hair dresser. The lady apparently has this "Poof" image in her salon, and has it on her business cards. I think it's some sort of catch phrase for her, but I honestly don't know... Anyway, the image itself that was given to me was just the 'POOF' letters and the starry wand accompanied with the larger stars. I was then asked to add a few more tiny stars around the wand to make it seem more magical, and pixie-dust like. Then I was asked to paint it red because the salon has a red and black color theme. It's not spectacular, or super detailed, but I thought it was cool that someone liked all of my other carves from ZP! and Stoney's site enough to ask me to do something unique for them, and trust me with it. What I ended up with was this, and she has had it on display ever since, and I even gave her one of my color changing lights for it...

Last edited by chuckwagon on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Yeah, that turned out great, so clearly she's pleased with it. It's it cool to be trusted to do custom carving jobs for people? You're becoming known for it. Oh and hey, welcome to the club of those who have done a custom logo carving for a hair salon. Me too. :lol:
By chuckwagon
Yeah, she loved it! I just enjoy carving for the sheer joy of it, and I honestly never expected anyone outside of family to really want me to do anything for them personally. My sister happened to be browsing Facebook while "getting her hair done", and came across a few pics of carves that I uploaded, and the conversation between her and the hair dresser commenced I suppose. She sent me a picture of the poof image, and asked if I thought I could do it. I was kinda scared because I didn't want to screw it up, or her not like it, but I had nothing to lose, and it turned into a pretty fun experience. I was just happy that she liked it so much.
By chuckwagon
So, a few years ago I carved Cinderella for my daughters, and the destructive cat decided Cinderella didn't belong on the shelf, so it got pushed to the floor where it broke, beyond repair... Now this year my daughters were begging for another Cinderella, and instead of a different pattern, they wanted the same one, and who am I to tell my children no? Here is Cinderella 2016...

Coolest C I've seen. I hear you on hand hurting, I'm turning 40 next year and my hand goes numb every time I carve I have to stop go stop go it gets tiring.