Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
April May wrote:That panthers one was perplexing me until I saw the cowboys one with the light on and realized it's not a carve through :lol:

Awesome stuff, Chuck; You're a machine!
Actually, they are both carve through designs. Looking at the Cowboys pumpkin now, I can totally see what you are talking about though. Weird!
The lettering looks great and they have a really cool glow effect on the white. I'm sure whomever gets them as gifts will be thrilled.
chuckwagon wrote:these are two separate gifts for a couple of school teachers. Thanks to Stoney again for having the "vine" letters available.

Thanks Chuck ! - Like Ryan I'm dealing with Issues on my site.
Worked with a programmer the other night until like 2AM that was a 7AM start for me...

Those Vine Letters are Cool - I think I may Also do a shaded version - with a boarder for each Letter..

Great Carves BTW: So Busy right Now - to Play on the Boards....
Raven wrote:Really nice! I can't decide between those or the vine letters. I keep going to the vine because it would be easier, but the other fancy ones look so nice! Are you using a dremel to do them?
Yep, I use a dremel on all my carves. I can't imagine using anything else since these "fancy shmancy" letters have such tiny little parts, and tight lines. I like the simplicity of the vines, but the overall payoff after carving a fancy one is a pretty proud moment. They really stand out with the more intricate leafy stuff. My only problem was being soooo fragile. "Minionette" suggested the push pin method for reinforcing the fragile areas, and it works really well for me. Plus, the push pins are hardly noticeable. In fact, the picture of the "S" has a push pin in the top and bottom parts of the S that you can't even see in the pic.
Pargolf wrote:Chuck,
Great work indeed!!!... I tried to read the other pages of post , I wanted to know what style foamies you are using?
Thanks Par! I use Michael's style foamies pretty exclusively. I have a couple Funkins, but I don't typically carve those often.
Raven wrote:Really nice! I can't decide between those or the vine letters. I keep going to the vine because it would be easier, but the other fancy ones look so nice! Are you using a dremel to do them?

Raven: I've seen what you can do with both Paper and a razor, and What you can also do with Make-up - Both of those I'm sure are also time consuming.
I agree there is a Lot of cuts, but once carved it makes the pumpkin that much more Special, Go for the tougher one, and take your time, (You Got this ) ! :thumbsup: