Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By SuperSonic
Agreed! :)
By JMP919
Great work as always Stoney. Do you plan on carving that two tone Bane on your site? I'd love to see that one in action.
By St0ney
JMP919 wrote:Great work as always Stoney. Do you plan on carving that two tone Bane on your site? I'd love to see that one in action.
Thanks !

pumpken has already carved that Bane.
Last edited by St0ney on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
Looks amazing. First port of call for a custom carve, Stoney. Great idea too for a celebration and with it being a foam pumpkin, it might last longer than the marriage. That's the sarcastic and bitter tone of someone who has been married 14 years by the way, not a comment on the couple for whom I only have best wishes.

I suppose though that foam pumpkins could last a lifetime, they may end up with hundreds. Anniversaries, births, children, beloved pets etc
By St0ney
nosferatu wrote:Looks amazing. First port of call for a custom carve, Stoney. Great idea too for a celebration and with it being a foam pumpkin, it might last longer than the marriage. That's the sarcastic and bitter tone of someone who has been married 14 years by the way, not a comment on the couple for whom I only have best wishes.

I suppose though that foam pumpkins could last a lifetime, they may end up with hundreds. Anniversaries, births, children, beloved pets etc
I'm Happily Married 15 Years, and Married 22 - :lol:

Here's a photo of my Little Pride and Joy

I actually tried to talk them out of adding the Text and Date. and just have the portraits as the carve,
To me at least it Only makes sense to date a Wedding Date or Anniversary, not an engagement party.
With just the portraits, it would still strike up a conversation and they can say we first showed this at our engagement party.

But the Customer still wanted it, sooooooooo.
By St0ney
Okay the Clock Fix Worked like a Charm.

Here's what you need if you EVER Make a Clock with a FOAM KIN !

Here's the same Clock New Longer Shaft Motor, I used a 1 1/4" Shaft Motor (aka: Clock Movement)
There's (4) Metal/Rubber Washers inside the Kin on the Shaft, this pulled the box away from the kin wall,
and Allowed light to pass between the movement and the kin wall.

This time I shot it in a Dark Room and lit it VERY BRIGHT - (WHAT Where'd that Awful Shadow Box Go)? :)
It wont be this bright when on display,

By SuperSonic
I would love to do something like this!
By St0ney
This Was an extremely Hard Photo to work with!
Everything is White and Washed Out. - But I think the carving came out pretty Good.

Because there's So much white, I had to do the carve (4 Color) To minimize the Amount and Size of the Cut-Outs.

By St0ney
The Best Part of this carve is that Mr. & Mrs Martinez,
Stopped at 4 kids,
Or I would still be carving Frigging Letters - LMAO !!!!

This Actually Reminds me of a Great Groucho Marx Line from his years on "you bet your life"

GROUCHO: "Why do you have so many children? That's a big responsibility and a big burden."

MRS. STORY: "Well, because I love my children and I think that's our purpose here on Earth, and I love my husband."

GROUCHO: "I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while." :lol:

By Raven
Oooooh.. I like that idea with the names and bats and things. Now I want to do one, although I am not a shader, at all.. :P

Great looking carves, as always!
By St0ney
Thanks when I came up with the design (even though pretty simple - it looked good
So I saved it in Adobe Illustrator as a Template.

This way I only need to change the text:

When Folks order a Custom Kin, I normally Up the carve, (not the Price)
Joking aside, Mr. Martinez (the Customer) Only wanted his kids names in text on the Kin.

I've seen those done as a Micheals Custom Carve, and Can you say BORING !!!
And their Using Hobo Std Font. ?

I have an Idea to design a Spider web with the name in the web, and a Hanging Spider.
Just didn't find the time yet to get that Done. :)
By Ajax
Your awesome, I hate you! Great carves.
By SuperSonic
Fantabulous work St0ney!