Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
Clever title, I know.... I'm a sucker for clickbait, hehe! ANYWAY, here's my first installment this year. You might be saying "wait, that's not a pumpkin", and you'd be right. It's actually a disc golf driver. If you play disc golf, you know that a unique disc is almost as important as your skills, and a lot of players custom dye their discs after removing the factory embossments. I'm one of those guys. I saw my orange driver, and thought "hey, that's a pumpkin face waiting to happen...", and I took some time to mask of the disc, cut out the 'Face of the Minions' with an Xacto, and mix up a special concoction of shaving cream, dye, and a bit of hot water. Unfortunately, I have a few spots that bled out that I'm gonna try to fix, but outside of the tiny bit of collateral damage, this disc is BOOtiful! And yes, those are my toes in the pic.

Last edited by chuckwagon on Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Finished the "Big 4" Universal Monsters on my other Discraft drivers today. Unfortunately, I ran into a bit of the same problem with the sort of bleeding under with the dye as I saw happen when I did my 'Face of the Minions' design. On these particular discs, the original artwork is printed on a sort of imbedded design, so my cling paper that I roll out onto the disc often has weak spots over those areas that can allow the dye concoction to seep under. All in all though, I think they turned out fantastic! The dye concoction is a mixture of shaving cream, a small amount of hot water, and iDye Poly. I use clear Con-Tact brand shelf contact paper on the disc, then lay my pattern out, tape it down, and go to town with my Xacto knife! I pull out the cut section , and then smear and/or dab the dye concoction on the exposed areas. I usually leave them overnight, but length of time can also dictate the penetration effectiveness of the dye, so for black dye, the longer the better.

First actual carve of the season. Here's a couple pics from start to finish. I go old school with the hole punch method of pattern transferring because that's how I roll. BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJ...... Just keeping you Minions on your toes! It's showtime with the ghost with the most!!