Show off your pumpkin pics and tells us about the experience.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
65-70 wowza. How'd you decide on this particular number goal? You're smart to start early, and this is certainly a good start! I've always wanted to make a pattern of a winged eyeball, actually. Among these carves so far, I like the snake head best. Keep it up!
By BrookR1
65-70 will put me over 200 for my display this year. Last year I carved 100 and had 150 total including about 15 real ones (which had to be thrown out).

After I reach 200, I think I'm going to rotate out about 40-50 per year (perhaps donate the ones I don't want to other haunters in the area). I'm running into storage issues at home. Because of the storage issues, I have focused on carving smaller pumpkins (9" and 6" foamies with a few larger ones for more detailed patterns).

So far, my wife has been very understanding of me taking over the laundry room for my in-progress work. She's not completely nuts about Halloween like I am, but she was impressed by last year's display. She enjoys socializing with the people that visit and watching our kids go crazy.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
I absolutely love what you’ve done so far, and would love to see your entire display! I’m sure everyone loves coming to see it every year.

Each year our own display has grown, and each year we get more and more people. It makes all the time we spend worth it. Last year we carved around 70 patterns into 63 real pumpkins to go with the approximate 12 foam pumpkins. This year my goal is 70 real and maybe 3 more foam.

Please post pictures of your entire display once it’s all done. I’d love to see it!
BrookR1 liked this