Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Norm, you started a trend. sodajazz, yours came out great too! What method of pattern transfer did you use, sodajazz? And Norm, you used a sticker right? I imagine some of the small pieces of the design might be delicate. When removing the sticker paper, did you just pick away at it? Or soak in water perhaps?
By Norm
I basically just picked at it. Having fingernails would probably make it a lot easier or maybe even a small tweezers. It actually took more time peeling off the remaining sticker paper than it took to do the actual carving.
By sodajazz
Well seeing as I am poor and cannot afford sticker paper :P I just used a plain and simple glue stick. When i had finished i just dipped the can in warm soapy water and the paper just fell off, which was a relief :D
It is fun to do, so quick and easy, just turning into a bit of a skip rat asking folk to save their cans :lol:
By SCAREcrow
Love this idea almost as much as I love drinking the contents. These two actions should probably not be paired, I could see bad things happening!
By chuckwagon
This is BRILLIANT!!! I can totally see doing a handful of these and making a Halloween string light lantern system for parties with these!!! I might have to try this at some point!
By monstermash
chuckwagon wrote:This is BRILLIANT!!! I can totally see doing a handful of these and making a Halloween string light lantern system for parties with these!!! I might have to try this at some point!

I fancy doing just that with the Day of the Dead Sugar Skull pattern. I think that would make a neat set of lights. Might be a fiddly job though, one for the off season.
By Onetrue
I would love to make one. Can I use a drill to cut out the face on the can. Can you do a step by step for people like me. Beginner