Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By SuperSonic
For those of you who DON'T know what a playmat is, its a rather large, mouse pad material (20" x14") that people use to play TCG games (trading card game) on.

And, I have designed one (outsourced on its printing) a ZP! mat!

This was designed in CS5, and under Ryan's approval, I got it done. Now Ryan, you can see that I changed the background from the original draft, as something of my own design using several brushes and blending to get the desired foggy night effect.

Hope you guys like it :)
By ghostface
Fantastic. Utterly Fantastic! :D
By pagemaster1993
Maybe Ryan and you could work out a thing that these could sell on the ZP! store.
By MooBoo
That is really great supersonic, i love the design. :D
By Cheef
Wow. thats awesome. If i still played those kind of card games i wuold ask for one to be made. Definitley something that would sell in the store in my opinion.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic, it looks like the playmat came out great! Cool to see it actually in existence (other than a PS mockup). Thanks for helping to promote ZP with this item. Surely an original minion mission.

How did you decide which patterns to show on the mat? Some of your favorites? Some that you thought would be a good overall representation of the options on this site?
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:SuperSonic, it looks like the playmat came out great! Cool to see it actually in existence (other than a PS mockup). Thanks for helping to promote ZP with this item. Surely an original minion mission.

How did you decide which patterns to show on the mat? Some of your favorites? Some that you thought would be a good overall representation of the options on this site?
If you go through all the galleries I've put photos in, you'll see ALL the patterns on the mat (minus Freddy and Jason), I have carved before.

The intent of all of these, is that along with being some of my favorite patterns, they best represent the site. Night Owl and Roots of All Evil were big on this list. From the original design though I had to cut out some stuff.

Patterns that were cut:

Rick Grimes
Jack (body pose)
Oogie Boogie 3
Ghost Face
Spider-Man

They were cut because of space, and general themes. Also the composition had to be just right. The mascots are all my favorite ones to date (in no order, or all the mascots in order of rank).

At a recent tourney, I wore my button, Invasion tee, and used the mat. :D

Enough of my blabbering..... For now :P