Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By MooBoo
I am obsessed with sugar skulls at the moment. I keep seeing them everywhere and while i would love to buy every item that crossed my path i need to watch the pennies at the moment, so it seemed only right to do this:

Close up:

I used my stash of seed beads again but instead of using a tote bag this time, i sewed them onto a piece of material using the stencil and stretched the finished design over a canvas board, so now i have a pretty sugar skull design to hang on my wall.
Hope you like :D
By SuperSonic
That's soo awesome! Any particular reason you didn't use the same colored beads throughout the entire design (or two different ones)? Also, why the huge beads for the eyes? Why not the same size?

Either way, this is awesome! Good job!
By staticfurball
Thats great and it would look awesome on a purse.
By MooBoo
SuperSonic wrote:That's soo awesome! Any particular reason you didn't use the same colored beads throughout the entire design (or two different ones)? Also, why the huge beads for the eyes? Why not the same size?

Either way, this is awesome! Good job!
I used different colours because sugar skulls tend to be very colourful, an i wanted to keep it that way, an i like pretty colours, lol. And i used the bigger beads for the eyes because i was lazy! Lol. I left the eyes til last because i knew it would be awkward get get them all perfectly circular, so by the time i got to them, i was a little fed up of tiny beads and decided to go for the bigger ones, to save my sanity an time. Lol. Glad you like though. :D
By pagemaster1993
That is pretty awesome. When I first saw it I thought it was make out of candies.
By ghostface
Looks awesome. Amazing job!
By sloaner
That looks great. I think that is on my carving list this year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
This is a great one! I totally agree, the choice of multiple colors is fitting for this. Those sugar skulls often are very colorful and detailed. Nice choice for the big beads around to eyes too. I don't see that as a cheat, I think it's appropriate. Helps maintain the right round shape for those flower petals around the eyes, and also adds more variety and depth to the piece. Good job!
By pagemaster1993
This makes and made me more interested in getting Sugar Skull stuff, I also plan on doing the Dia Des Los Muertos pattern eventually.
By MooBoo
Thanku guys, its defiantely fun 2do an now it has pride of place on my wall :D
By Raven
Very nice! I love all the different colors, and I think the eyes should have larger beads. I would have done the same thing if I could ever think of making something so cool. :)
By DoomCookie
This is amazing, You are very talented!