Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Kittie
Okay, maybe I am just an idiot but I want to resize a pattern and add some things to the side of it, and I can't remember how I did it before. Any ideas?

I need to shrink a pattern down and add some other things to it.
By finklemyer
If you have access to a photocopier somewhere shrinking it down isn't a problem.
By Kittie
What about making it bigger? I needed to do that also.
By Tkaraoke
Just set the copy machine to any percentage over 100% to make it larger. For example:

50% is half the size smaller than the original document

100% is the exact same size as your original document
(100% is what the copy machine should set on by default)

200% is 2 times the size larger of your original document

When enlarging, I would increase the percentage to 125% and start from there to make sure you don't go over the side of the paper. My usually percentage setting I will try are...

125%
150%
175%
200%

Depending on the copy machine, you may only get to select by 10% increments.
By haktup
i scan them resize in photoshop or illustrator
By mmcdonal
Choose "posterize" in the menu bar, go under PRINT>PROPERTIES>FEATURES, then click the box that says "poster printing" or "posterize". There's a dropdown box just below that will allow you to span the printjob across 4 pgs, 9 pgs, or 16 pgs. It will then break up the image into "puzzle pieces" that you'll have to tape together into a larger pattern.

You'll have to experiment to figure out which size will best suit your needs. I've been using the "posterize" feature for all my window stencils.
By katieme
Hi I am having a really hard time trying to enlarge the patterns. When I print I cannot get the posterize option. I did find the posterize option in one of my printing programs, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to save these patterns in order to open them into the print program. I really want to enlarge so I can use for a window decoration. Please help :?
By CanadianCarver
Can someone tell me how to do this in Photoshop or MS Publisher? I would also like to do a window decration and want to print a stencil over multiple pages.

Thanks.
By badgers
I don't have the "Poster Size" option on my computer/printer either.
I have an HP printer/scanner/copier, as I remember my old computer and printer did have the poster size option which was an HP 630 inkjet printer. I haven't played around with my scanning options yet so don't know if I can do that.
Any how most print shops -- Kinko's even Staple's --- should be able to make a poster sized option copy for you.
By katieme
The way I finally got it to work was to take it over to my freinds house and scan it in. I then opened it in publisher, blew it up to the size I wanted, and just drag the pic around over the printable area. I would drag then print then drag over a little more and print and on and on. After printing I just peiced them together with tape. I almost have my window hanging done. I will post a pic in the next couple of days.
By CanadianCarver
I figured out a way as well. I sized the image to what I wanted in photoshop, bigger than 8.5 by 11 inches so it is bigger than one piece of paper. I then found a small software program called Panorama Factory. This software allows you to print the image over multiple pages, and it even puts little "x" marks in the corners so you can line up the pages and tape them together. Worked for me. I will post a picture of my window hanging when it's complete.