Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By purple1worm
Here's a wood burning I did last year of "cat got you're tongue"

It was my first attempt at wood burning!
Last edited by purple1worm on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monstermash
Good stuff purpleworm! My mum fancies trying wood burning, I give it a go too actually. What were your thoughts on the process? Easy? Hard?
By ghostface
That is awesome! Nice job! :D
By purple1worm
monstermash wrote:Good stuff purpleworm! My mum fancies trying wood burning, I give it a go too actually. What were your thoughts on the process? Easy? Hard?
It wasn't hard but..I found it took some getting used to. It's not like using a pen or pencil to draw! Practice makes perfect I guess. I started 'Night Owl" I'll see how it comes out.
The cool thing is you can create shading by burning a more or less long on areas. I'll keep experimenting! I've found site dedicated to woodburning patterns!
By nosferatu
That's great! Superb idea. I suppose that they could then be varnished and used as place mats.
By staticfurball
Awesome job :) so...when can I expect mine?? :P
By purple1worm
Nos - I was thinking of varnishing them and hanging them on the walls like art. They are 3/4 of an inch thick! But you could do them on thinner wood to use as place mats!
Actually If you want to do place mats, skip the wood burning and paint or stencil them on paper or thin cardboard and laminate them, most print shops will do that for you!

Static - You could borrow my wood burner or ...just tell me what one you'd like!

Here's my Night Owl! I think he came out a little better.
2011_10250007 by woodrabbit2011, on Flickr
By pagemaster1993
I always thought about doing some wood burning but do not know what tools I would need.
By ghostface
I love the Night Owl! :D
By purple1worm
pagemaster1993 wrote:I always thought about doing some wood burning but do not know what tools I would need.
Just a simple wood burning tool and some wood! I was thinking about doing the grinch for x-mas but adding a bit of wood stain for color!
By paddy_babe
I do wood burning but NEVER thought to do ZP ones!! shame on me lol! Awesome work Purple Worm :D