Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By NikkiRae
I need some advice on making a t-shirt with one of the stencils. I like the look of the bleach one someone did that I saw on the forum the other day. But i'm also looking at doing one with fabric paints. Granted, these are not things I work with much at all so I was looking for some advice on what the best kinds to use are and the best techniques :D Thanks!
By staticfurball
My advice with the fabric paints is to cut out your stencil on a stcky shee if you can but you can do without as long asyouare careful with holding it in place. do more than one coat od the fabric paint to give it a nice even coat and you wont have a patchy looking stencil.
the bleach one I did was pretty much the same but you dont see the results right off the bat, you have to give it a couple seconds to a couple minutes to show and the problem with this is its easy to go too far. Once agin do it in layers. bleach your desigen with diluted bleach and imerse it in water or vinagar a few minutes later. then once dry you can go over it again if needed. ( go easy on the bleach until u are used to this medium. good luck !
By NikkiRae
Thanks so much! I'm going to be doing one of the bleached ones tonight and I'm planning to do a Frankie Stein one with fabric paint. I'm a bit nervous because the shirts aren't for me haha :lol: so I really appreciate the advice!
By staticfurball
If they are to b gifts, I would suggest doing a quick trial run on an old T or even an old towel so you get the feel for it first. :)