Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By lissconrad
:lol: I hear some of you are using the stencils on cakes? Can you give me a few tips? It sounds like a great idea!
By Aylortay
There are a few examples in the gallery :)

Gallery
Last edited by Aylortay on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pumpkingrower
The only one I have seen used is my avatar the Pumpkin King stencil laid over a frosted round in white of course, and sprinkled with oreo crumbs over the stencil so the pattern comes out.

What Aylortay said...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I had a Rob Zombie "Hellbilly Deluxe" face on my birthday cake last year. Stencil cut out of card stock, with powdered sugar sprinkled through.

By Tkaraoke
At the risk of being clubbed to death...

...that is pretty SWEEEET!

I never even imagined how many uses these stencils could have. I was thinking about getting some of that spray can stuff you use to frost windows with during Christmas time and make some cool stencils for the small windows of my garage. I think it would add to the atmosphere of my display this year.

Speaking of Zombie, it was a zombie-filed karaoke night! Two singers sung "Dragula" and "Never Gonna Stop" and in turn I freaked them out with a little "More Human Than Human".
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I never paired Rob Zombie songs with karaoke. That's a sight I would have liked to see. Notice I said "sight", as the "sound" might have been too painful to bear.

On the topic of that spray-on snow for windows... that idea has come up before and seems like a perfect use for ZP stencils during the winter months. Especially because the images are designed to be light on dark. The white "snow" would be perfect.

I'll see what I can do about getting some winter holiday themes stenciled up in November/December. We saw some good suggestions around the forums last winter.
By Tkaraoke
I have lots of respect for Zombie ever since I saw him at Ozzfest a few years ago. His stage set up was pretty bare bones (heard that when he tours by himself the stage decor is played out to the max) but he rocked the place all the time he was there.

Speaking of spray on snow, I wonder if you can buy that off season or if there is a product like it when Halloween rolls around. I think some frosted ghostlike stencils of Oogie Boogie would be neat.
By Tkaraoke
That is so weird! A guy came up to me last night at my show with his iPod and told me I had to listen to this band...called Lacuna Coil! It was a re-make of the old Depeche Mode (aka Depressed Mode) song "Enjoy The Silence". ..it totally rocked!!!

I've been watching for Zombie's return to KC by himself but I am waiting and hoping he does.

Orange snow would be cool but black no so much if it's going to be for outside use unless you can backlight it.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Tkaraoke wrote:That is so weird! A guy came up to me last night at my show with his iPod and told me I had to listen to this band...called Lacuna Coil! It was a re-make of the old Depeche Mode (aka Depressed Mode) song "Enjoy The Silence". ..it totally rocked!!!
Hey I really like depressed, Ehem.... Depeche Mode. :oops: But I'd like to know more about this Lacuna Coil.

Dan
By Tkaraoke
Dans banana Loafcake wrote:Hey I really like depressed, Ehem.... Depeche Mode. :oops: But I'd like to know more about this Lacuna Coil.
Actually, I like DM as well. You know, I wasn't really into them during the 80's with the exception of the song "People Are People". It would be years later when someone sang "Policy Of Truth" at karaoke that I re-discovered them. Every so often I'll sing "Enjoy The Silence" and "Personal Jesus".

If you go to iTunes, do a search for Lacuna Coil and have it sort by POPULARITY of the song. There is some good stuff in there as well as that DM re-make I was talking about.
By Kitty Kat
I make cake as a side hobby and make several in a month
and all you need to do is go to any store that sells Wilton
brand cake supplies. Wilton makes a cake spray that is around
$2.00 each in many colors. Place stencil on cake carefully and
use spray in color of choice they do have orange and black
spray for halloween it takes less time than cookie crumbs ect
and you can use any color you like. You can find wilton cake spray
at any hobby lobby or at walmart they have a different brand
in the cake isle or craft isle too. Good Luck. If you want it to look
moldy try black and green and a little yellow all sparyed before
the spray dries it looks kinda cool. And the spray smells but
has no taste.....
By CombichristGirl
that would be a great idea! :D
i saw rob zombie thanks giving of 94' first concert i ever got to go to. it was "white zombie" the super sucker and teh freaking RAMONES! omg it was great and they went all out on the stage. aerosmith is great live to he also have nice stages. oh and when i saw I.C.P. at woodstock 99' they had cauldrons of faygo my fav drink and they had a naked clown on stage only a wig nose and shoes it was crazy and they threw beach balls with money taped to them into the crowd. god i been to so many sweet concerts oh oh trans siberian orchestra is great sp? i saw thier chrstmas show one year