Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
Here are some pictures of stuff I did months back but never had time to post them yet, so here they are.

Did this for a Star Wars party, had everyone who attended sign it.

All the rest I did for art class. For some reason I cannot get them on here right now but will eventually.
By pagemaster1993
Thanks Edinburgh, there is more but I will have to wait a while befor I can post them. I can not just post them from my facebook, but will probably be able to post them from the Beyond The Pumpkins gallery.
By pagemaster1993
Here they are. I did these all for art class.

The first three were projects on taking a song and making a single cover for them: School's Out by Alice Cooper, Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, and Dragula by Rob Zombie. The last one was a project where we had to choose a card from a normal deck of playing cards and make our own twist on it(if you notice it has the A from The Trick Or Treat pattern).
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those rock. What does your art teacher think? How about your classmates? Have you converted anyone to Zombie Pumpkins allegiance?
By pagemaster1993
Well my art teacher must have liked them since she gave me really good grades on them. I do not even think any of my classmates even payed much attention to my work at all. Sadly I do not think I gained Zombie Pumpkins! any allegiance in art class, but may have in English class seeing as I did a report on Pumpkin Carving where I passed out ZP! fliers and The Story Of Stingy Jack. This year I plan on using ZP! as much as possible in creative projects and will be posting and passing out fliers as much as possible.
By pagemaster1993
Good news! I will have Art II for my third and fourth marking period this school year also Jewlery and Metal craft, so I should be able to do a lot with ZP! in those classes.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
pagemaster1993 - That sounds like good news to me! Not just because I'm looking forward to seeing what else you can do with patterns, but I'm a supporter of art, of course.

When I was in high school, every student was required to take either art or music class for at least one of marking periods (or was it a full year?) So I took Art 1 during my freshman year, along with tons of other students. And each school year after that, I took Art class again. Art 2... 3... 4.

And of course, only students who took Art 1-3 were eligible to take Art 4 in their senior year. So by that point, the ranks had dwindled to me and just four other students. It felt pretty cool to be the elite five that made it through the full program of art during school. By that point, most of us felt confident that we'd be going into an art related career.

I wonder what my four other classmates are doing today. Let me check... One is a college professor teaching communication, marketing, and design. One is an art supervisor for a marketing/design agency. One studied biology and works for the state in the medical field. And one I has disappeared (at least from the web).
By pagemaster1993
In Junior High in my city you have to take Art 1 at least, if you want to move on you can, but it is not required. All I am wondering is how to incorporate ZP! in to Jewlery/Metal Craft. I do not think any one has done anything like that before. If someone has please show me.