Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By pagemaster1993
I was going to do some ZP! patterns on some plan t-shirts; like the ones you buy at Michaels or A.C. Moore. I was wondering if there is anything I should know, items that I will need, or techniques that will help that you fellow minions have to offer. I never really did this before so will need some guidance.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I took a silk screening class back in college, but we used tools and supplies that may not be available to the casual home shirt printing artist. I haven't attempted anything since then, so I'm afraid I don't have much advice. If you give it a try, I'd love to hear about how they turned out. We can learn from your success (or mistakes... but hopefully success).
By purple1worm
i've never done t-shirts before but I have used fabric paints on other things. Try a craft store or look up tips online!
By nosferatu
I did this using fabric paint and once it had been ironed, it was set. It's been washed alot and the design has held fantastically well. Its a very easy and simple process and I look forward to seeing your results. Any designs in particular that you favour?

By pagemaster1993
I was thinking Geletin Skeleton, Leperchaun(for St. Patrick's Day), Harry Warden(for St. Valentines Day; I want to use a bloody messy paint for this one), and I thought about making one with Alice Cooper(when I graduate school next year;with the words schools out for summer... Schools out forever...). Other then thoughs I can not think of any others as of now.
By CorpseBride
My roller derby team and I actually just made some shirts with home made stencils for an upcoming party.

We used duotang covers to cut out the stencils and Jiffy fabric paint from wal-mart. They turned out great!! And the paint was very easy to work with. I am going totally going to make some ZP shirts for me and my son this year.
By staticfurball
Fabric paint works well, but I am planning on trying a tchnique with bleach and cotton balls. It's tricky but it's a layering process, so you can highlight some areas more than others.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
staticfurball, I'd love to see photos and info about how your plan works out!
By CorpseBride
What a coincidence...I was just googling "bleached t-shirt tutorials" before I came here! I love the depth you can achieve and how the design looks like it is in the shirt, not just resting on top. I plan on giving this a whirl this weekend. If you get to it before I do please be sure to post your results and any tips you may have!
By pagemaster1993
I was going to use bleach from a spray bottle to do some on black t-shirts, but did not know if the bleach would spread.
By pagemaster1993
Nice find, I will have to try the one for stencils sometime, but do not know when with school coming up.
By staticfurball
OK- I tried the bleach and its prety cool. The only problem I had was that I used a psonge and the edges of the stencil weren't as clean as I would have liked but I guess it will take some trial ands error to get it perfect.
I used the Gelatin Skeleton stencil on a black T and think it look pretty good.
I will try some others with different applications althogh Im hesitating the spray bottle method cause it just doesnt sound sake withough full gear on lol. Oh I tried a paint brush too but that just disolved :S
I will opost pics in the next few days when Im back in town. Yay Labour Day weekend !!
Last edited by staticfurball on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pagemaster1993
I will have to start experimenting too, I want to make a special shirt for the my last year of High School.