Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By pagemaster1993
I'm going to actually have to ask, is that a real goose egg or are you just remarking on the size of the foam eggs?
By sodajazz
Nopes not a foam egg (can't get them here in uk :cry: )
It is an honest to godly Goose egg. I bough 4 off ebay ready blown :D

Egg #1 sadly didn't make it. I have a dremel but no flexi shaft, so the first one failed ... was far more gentle with this one :D

The pic on it was reduced to 27% so it lacks a tad of definition :D
By CombichristGirl
very very impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy heck great job. i'd be sitting here cleaning up shattered pieces lol :lol:
By snow2alike
really amazing !!!!
I can not imagine carving an egg
(foam eggs I can do ~~ but even that just doesn't feel right)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
This sort of thing might seem like a wild goose chase, but you proved to everyone that it's possible. Shame that you lost the first egg, but hey... you can't make an omelet without braking some eggs. Good thing you didn't put all your eggs in one basket when you made your eBay order. I'm glad you shelled out for extra eggs to try this on, because you're second attempt is egg-cellent! You clearly learned from your first try, no egg on your face this time.

Ok, but seriously.... can you tell us more about how you did the carving? Got any in-progress photos? What tools and technique did you use? Maybe someone else where will want to take a crack at it.
By sodajazz
Did you just use up all your egg puns :lol:

Alas no other photos but I'm planning another so will take step by step photies.

As for tools I just used a regular Dremel .. I did find though that whilst cutting the egg, telling it not to crack and on a few times adding a few expletives, worked well :D
By CombichristGirl
sodajazz wrote:Did you just use up all your egg puns :lol:

Alas no other photos but I'm planning another so will take step by step photies.

As for tools I just used a regular Dremel .. I did find though that whilst cutting the egg, telling it not to crack and on a few times adding a few expletives, worked well :D
omg! my dad is now complete. :)
omg edit day lol
Last edited by CombichristGirl on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GUS
It's just about goose egg laying season, i'll have to get a dozen & have a play! ...goose eggs are SO tasty
By paddy_babe
Sodajazz you can get egg thingys in Hobbycraft if thats any help (but I don't know why you'd bother when you can carve real eggs!!) :)