Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Sam_hain
Im looking to stencil a joker design on an A shirt aka wifebeater....but im not sure how it will turn out seeing as when its washed and dried it shrinks up a little....would it be wise to maybe put some cardboard to stretch it out some on the inside and then stencil it so it will look ok when Im wearing it as opposed to stenciling it just as...I have a feeling it would look bad if i did it without stretching it....but havent tried it....might be trial and error...just looking to see if anyone else has done this
By CombichristGirl
well i would think youd want the cardboard for sure, but i havent tried what type of paint do you plan to use with it and deff want to wash it once first as well
By nosferatu
I did this ages ago

All I did was to use standard off the shelf, fabric paint that sets when ironed. I didn't stretch the fabric, just drew on the design, then used the fabric paint. It must have been washed at least 20 times since then and the design hasn't faded but the shirt has.
By CombichristGirl
I love that shir.that's cool that you didn't even stretch out out.but the cardboard would help keep it flatter, you don't even have to stretch it really just to fit.