Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By zombombie
:o I'm always so impressed by those chalk artists - it's unbelievable the effects they can create!

Much like Ryan and the patterns - you wouldn't think you could get such a good likeness of a famous face or monster on a pumpkin, yet he blows them out the water every time!
By Nikki
mudd wrote:imagine seeing this drawn up on someones sidewalk , make ya think twice bout ringing the doorbell

hard to believe thats all in chalk. :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
That is INCREDIBLE! I agree... it is hard to believe that is all done with chalk.. I might just pick some chalk up and do something of my own...
By CombichristGirl
i love those chalk drawings! they never get old:)
i did soem drawing on our pond rocks lol. dont laugh i know my invader needs a little help but oh well, i freehanded a 6 ich stone with chaulk so not perfect lmao.that "blue" is purple for soem readon it through the chaulk colors off but not the rest of the pics?!?
me and mission did soem playing in the driveway yesterday so ill have to post those up here later :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Haha, LOVE the chalk art, CombichristGirl. You did a fine job, I appreciate the tribute. This will have to go into an upcoming "Fan Art" section along with other images I've been collecting.
By mudd
thats cool. the only chalk art im used to seeing is the chalk boards at a CHILIS restaurant. :lol:
By CombichristGirl
sweet ryan thank you everyone i'd like to do the words dead end on the driveway on the big night that would be pretty cool :) :lol:
By Chewy
CombiChristGirl's work inspired me. The daughter and I did a bit of experimenting this afternoon with chalk. Laid down a super fast Oogie Boogie.

The we did another, and another... all toll, about 4 minutes work

Truth be told, it really took closer to an hour - most of it trying to draw Oogie onto the hardboard I made the stencil from. It wasn't expensive either - $6

Now that we know it works & I learned a bit in the process I'm going to make some adjustments to how i did this & will plan to make a couple more & take a wander around our neighbourhood with my daughter & her chalk bucket on the big day.

What we learned, in case anyone else is thinking about doing something like this:

-unless you're a more artistic person than me, recreating the pattern by hand is hard, i'm using a projector for the rest
-use a fine jigsaw blade (i started with a coarse one - bad idea)
-if you're going to use a jigsaw, stick to the 1/4" hardboard, it's easier to cut

I'm also going to try a router on 1/8" board next time to see how it works & if it's a little easier to work with.

Will post a few more shots when we make the rest & scatter them about.
By Chewy
one more thing, yes, the neighbours are already shaking their heads at me... I flashed up my shiny new 1000w smoke machine yesterday, put a catacomb skin on the garage door this morning and am now drawing oogie boogies on the driveway. Bet they cant wait to see what tomorrow has in store!

Maybe more oogie boogies! LOL
By Dredge
Ah. Smart thinking on the projector. Those look cool. I may try my hand at this.
By Hottie McNaughty
Ok, I'm totally going to have to try this....it looks really cool!
By nosferatu
They look amazing Chewy. Great idea and so effective 8)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
LOVE IT! This gives me ideas.... I may chalk the ground around my place too. Seems like a fun thing for me to scatter around the ground in the wee hours, for neighbors to find the next day. They'd look great all over the place on the big night. Sort of feels a bit rebellious, like a graffiti artist... but this harmless chalk washes away. And I like the idea of using a projector to enlarge and trace a pattern. I might try that!
By GUS
excellent stuff chewy!
..now don't foget the gel filled knee-pads! :lol: