Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By GUS
Ok the challenge is on, I came across a cheap deal for sigg bottles this morning (sorry uk only) @ Dunelm, so will be popping in to avail myself of some 0.6 /1.0 litre spares...

which made me think that alot of us are using metal drinks bottles in favour of plastic ones these days, so why not a ZP stencil?
(hope my photo-copier reduces that much)

..Ok so I'm sure Nos will get there first, however it's another idea for things to stencil outside of carving season.
Sharpies aren't the best things to use on a sigg bottle, so any recommendations or simply spray & seal?
By CombichristGirl
u could use like the "puff paint but just dab it on instead or brush it. or get an engraving bit for around $5 and pop it on the dremel?
as far as the copier if need be could u not "shrink" down the already shrunken copy?
By GUS
never thought of an engraving bit, thanks for that!
By CombichristGirl
wow that was fast lol
i can say just from playing around practice on something and take ur time "smooth" will be a key for sure and direction :)
By GUS
actually, could do with some dremel advice! ..dropped it whilst I had the gammy finger, now my dremel (I have a skil as a spare) isn't running smoothly, do you reckon i've damaged brushes??
By CombichristGirl
does it run smooth at any speed or all? if its all def power interruption somewhere inside. if it's only lower or higher then may be just a little something catching inside?
By GUS
it's completely speed variable (that works ok) ..however the rotation seems uneven. juddery.
By CombichristGirl
hmm may be just trown a bit off rotation may be a small clip or something came loose or popped off and cause an off-center motion?
By GUS
yes, I really ought to find a dremel self help internet group!
(rather than sitting on my richard harris)
By CombichristGirl
yeah i haven't messed with the inside really on mine so i can't be to much help i will search about and see what i can dig up though :)
By GUS
...15 new sigg bottles later (that's alot of presents for people "pretending" to have bought em whilst away in Canada)

I am ready to plan a design or two on some of my older plain sigg bottles.
(don't bug me, I'm off soon & will do one when back)
Had to scratch the engraving idea, wall strength of bottle will be reduced.
By GUS
Right, this may sound like promotion, however I assure you I do not have any assoc with sigg other than relishing their water bottles for more years than is decent to mention :wink:

RYAN, CCG, Dan's, Nos, Killer Klown, ..to name but a few may get a kick out of this one ..not to mention anyone who likes die cuts et al..
follow this link (whether or not you have a sigg bottle as the do "wraps" which you upload your own design photo / design etc.

..which means photo's & artwork (baby) on your own bottle.
((either as a skin for an existing bottle OR as a new bottle / wrap purchase combination)) ...tempted to ask whether you'd like fries with that, ...but I won't :roll:

http://www.siggskins.com/
(just found the link browsing after researching a new lid type (yes I'm a tad anal as to my purchases, which is why I got excited about my cheap deal on the siggs locally / uk nationally.

When a bottle of water represents around 25% if re-filled as oil in terms of production & getting it to you (& I drink alot of water at home / abroad) ..then this is a great reasont o drink good tap water! ..especially if it's your own unique design (or a much loved ZP stencil for example...

KK ..I think we may have found a possible outlet for some of your designs, Sigg do have design competitions as they issue so many new variants each year ((nowadays))

Ryan, Nos, ..seems like your kinda thing, ok Ryan has acces to die-cut vinyl but might care to go wild.. :lol:

Seems like a cool idea as a straight forward slushy pic of "mom" or something more outlandish!

...NOT Spam, I merely like to share deals, (being cheap is how I budget for 364 days is how I pay for my Halloween excess'es , so bearing in mind our "creative" outlet in carving hope some of us will have some fun with this.

GUS
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I wasn't that familiar with Sigg bottles (well now I am) but I'm all for any item that can be personalized and decorated (especially with ZP art). In regards to the SIGGskins it might be worth mentioning, "SIGGskins are specifically designed for use on straight sided, 1, .6 or .4 Liter water bottles."
By CombichristGirl
very nice find! i like some of the designs they already display lol
By GUS
..I can see a pic of by "beloved" snowboard(s) art on one, just need some decent pics & a clever person, ..i'd love KK's designs on one for sure, especially his latest as a wraparound.
Think we might have fun with this one!