Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By mesmark
I made 2 Japanese style lanterns for my reception desk at my Halloween party (oogie boogie.) I did have candels in them but it's hard to tell since the party was during the day.

By Jessi
Cool! Just wondering, does everybody "get" Halloween in Japan? Do you get any parents at your school that object to the tradition? I'm a teacher here in the US and we always have to be super sensitive about Halloween...have to have "Harvest" parties, etc. Weird, I know.
By mesmark
Everyone is pretty curious about Halloween over here so, they eat it up. It's not seen in any sort of religious light so people aren't really opposed to it, I don't believe.

They just enjoy the decorations, make cute smilely face Jack o' Lanterns and ask me lots of questions.
We always have to be super sensitive about Halloween...have to have "Harvest" parties, etc. Weird, I know.
I miss the States at times but the whole have to be super sensative thing I don't miss at all. All for one and one for BOW TO MY DEMANDS!

I'm pretty sure there aren't any Wicca rituals going on in public schools. If so, Halloween parties are the least of your worries. :)

My oldest son started kindergarten and they do some Buddhist things I don't like with festivals and such but I put up with it. I could home school him, if it got to me that much.