Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
I was clowning around a couple of days back and decided I needed a T shirt of one of Ryan's coolest designs. So here he is. It's probably one of the few designs that would work this way. I also decided to do myself another shopping bag. One side has the same image and the other has the current Night Of The Zombie Pumpkins logo on it. All done using as previous using fabric paint. The bag still needs writing on it. At this moment, I am planning on writing "Murdered" underneath the logo, maybe even, "Redrum". Hopefully, other ZP members will spot it one day.

By St0ney
Very Very Cool !

They both look absolutely Awesome!

Really like the colors you chose on the pumpkin.

The lines are very clean and sharp on all of the items.
What technique did you use. to get the design on ?
By nosferatu
I just used graphite paper to transfer the design and then a fine and slightly thicker paintbrush to fill in. I find the fabric paint quite gloopy initially and the whole thing is time consuming and labour intensive but very therapeutic too.

The black fabric paint has the added bonus that once ironed on the reverse, it gives a raised almost flocked effect and stands out more.
By SaneInsideInsanity
very nice work darling. I need to start stenciling some things outside of Halloween i just haven't had time.
By nosferatu
Hey T! The t shirt has been worn and washed, the bag used and washed twice. No crumbling or fading so far. I think that fabric paints have advanced a lot over the past few years and are now fairly robust. The black paint does fade slightly after the initial setting by iron but I think that is due to the slight flocking effect it gives and is intentional
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Awesome stuff Nosferatu. You certainly have taken the "beyond the pumpkins" phrase to heart. Can't wait to see what you do with the new Nosferatu pattern.
By GUS
I used to paint t-shirts for folks back in the 80's (m-aaan)
Never hada problem with cracking of dylon fabric paints when brushing on & building up layers...
By KILLER KLOWN
I think I may have a go at this! Even though I could just cut the material out on my vinyl cutter and use my T-shirt heat press.

Will be making a run to the craft store soon.
By nosferatu
Seriously loving your new avatar T! 8)
By paddy_babe
If someone sold those tote bags I'd buy one! (the pumpkin one not clowns, they scare me). would be a good way to spread word (can hear the cashier saying 'ohh where did you get a bag like that from?' lol)
By nosferatu
Unfortunately, when I go for the food shopping, I usually go around six am to avoid queing and crowds. Most people are focusing on staying awake rather than the bags, however, general shopping during the day, the clown one gets noticed and pretty soon, I'll start taking flyers out with me when I use it.
By CorpseBride
I think I am going to try this!! What was the brand name of fabric paint that you used?
By nosferatu
From memory it was Dylon but my office is full, literally full, with childrens clothes that we are sorting out for Charity. I will check however, provided I don't get swallowed and suffocated by childrenswear