Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Kitty Kat
:D Ok so I made a few special shirts for the 4th of July and it was fitting showing them off in Whiting Iowa the place where they filmed Children of the Corn 20 years ago !

First I printed the stencil and then placed a layer of clear contact paper on top & bottom of stencil sheets. After getting the contact paper on I cut out each detail on the stencil.

Next I got the shirts and placed newspaper inside shirt to stop any paint bleeding. I used Acrylic Paint that you can find anyplace (hobby lobby & walmart) and placed some paint in red & blue on a paper plate. I took a sponge (any sponge will do) and dabbed it in the paint to get the sponge covered and then dabbed (not rub or paint side to side) in an up down motion to cover entire stencil taking care not to move small parts of stencil or going off sides.

Once stencil was fully dabbed I then lifted the stencil and it worked great. I allowed to dry and then added the puffy paint glitters (those I painted on side to side with a small brush) and let that dry and it worked great.

I used the stars and firework pattern to places where it needed a little something and I totally want to try this with black shirts at Halloween and add white paint with the new glow in the dark acrylic paint I have and see how it turns out.

If you would like to try it and need help email me (i get spam so let me know "zombie shirt help " and I will answer any way I can! People loved them and asked where I got them It was great.

To see pics of the shirts go to Facebook and look me up under Kate Hansen Collins in my pages 4th of July 2009.
By nosferatu
They sound fabulous.

Any chance of posting a link?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds great Kitty Kat. But it looks like your Facebook profile is set to private, which makes it tough for anyone to see your photos, unless we were all to join FB and befriend you.

Any chance you can post photos of your shirt work some other way, so they can be posted in the forum here?

You can even email me the photos if you want, and I can post them here directly.