Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
A Nightmare Before Christmas is on sale in Tesco's at £3.

I'm just going to buy it for nephews and nieces as a stocking filler and do boxes like the Joker. They'll still get what they really want for Christmas too.....money.
By sodajazz
nosferatu you are definately deserve a badge for those creations.. so here goes

Now all you need to do is create tutorials for them so we can all have a go.... keep up the good work :D
By nosferatu
Ahhh....Blue Peter.

Get down Shep!

I am currently redoing the placemats using Black and Silver paper. We have a black and silver table runner and I think they will look pretty good when finished. This time using Burton stencils.

I spent most of the early hours of this morning trying to cut Jack (with hands) into a cheap black lampshade from Asda. It so nearly worked. They are just a little difficult to cut and the shade wasn't robust enough so Jack didn't look at his best.

I also bought some black christmas baubles and am trying to paint Ghostface from Scream onto them.

Think subtle touches of Halloween will blend in really well with the usual Christmas tat.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Leatherface in a santa hat! :lol:

Nos, those are all great... your photos should inspire a few crafty ZP members to try something similar, I suspect. You got my create juices flowing, I know that much.

The "Ho Ho Ho" Joker package is fantastic! But with his twisted sense of humor, does it explode when you open it?
By nosferatu
What a great idea! I reckon if I take the bang from a Christmas Cracker - cut it down and then glued each end to the inside top and bottom of the box, it should go BANG!!!!

I will have to try that!!!
By nosferatu
They sell the Xmas Cracker bangers in the local craft shop. They work an absolute treat!!! They need to be kept as short as possible but I'm pretty impressed. Great idea! I'm thinking about doing it on all boxed presents regardless of content.

if only they sold minature green smoke bombs that could be likewise detonated......
By Zombie Pumpkins!
You turned my joke into a reality, and a cool idea at that! So when do we get a demo video that shows how your "exploding presents" work? :wink:
By nosferatu
Watch this space.......

My video camera is a mini DV tape thing that I've had for about four years. I've recorded tonnes of stuff but never transferred any of it.
That'll have to change....
By nosferatu
I bought a black box today. Not the sort from an aeroplane but a present box for a DVD.

Although the aeroplane data version would make a good alternative if played on opening, "Where's the wing? SHHHI....."

I am going to use it to wrap A Nightmare before Christmas . I am just going to do the same as The Joker but with Jack Skellington on the cover.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
A box?

Is it steel? Are there locks?

Is it filled with a pox?

A pox, how delightful, a pox.
By nosferatu
"And what did Santa bring you Honey?"

If only they sold shrunken heads :(
By Raven
nosferatu wrote:"And what did Santa bring you Honey?"

If only they sold shrunken heads :(
I remember once when I was very young my dad took me to Disney Land. I got to pick whatever I wanted out of one of the gift shops and my choice was a shrunken head. That thing was so cool. Unfortunately it was stolen along with the car it was hanging on the rear view mirror of. :cry:
By nosferatu
Posted this on a new thread, forgetting about this topic. How about ZP snowflakes? This is Animal done quickly over the weekend whilst making snowflakes with my daughter but think other zp designs would work really well.