Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Raven
O.K. the snowflake idea is the coolest thing I have ever seen.... today. Seriously though, that is really neat. You could also make them like the paper doll string and have them linked all together. Or you could cut out each of the designs on the snowflake and make Christmas Tree ornaments with them.
By nosferatu
I have been making home made gift vouchers for Christmas using Excel - I don't have Photoshop or anything like that. Its for the same person who is getting The Joker box and thought its a shame that my wife isn't into the whole Halloween / pumpkin thing otherwise I would have made her a gift voucher for annual membership for this site (not very romantic though I know) based on this......

Its a bit rough around the edges but not I was doing it in a hurry as football (proper football) was on the tv and I was a bit preoccupied shouting and swearing at the screen
By The Vlad Hatter
As always, very cool.

I feel like pretty much the putz sitting around trying to find things to do and you are quickly putting things together over the weekend.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Patch Master is looking cool on that note. Twenty pounds... of pumpkin flesh. Ha. I just noticed the Darth Maul watermark hidden in there. Very nice.
By purple1worm
you could make cool candle holders by using glass paints on a variety of vases, glasses, ect.. with the stencils.
By St0ney
LOL !

I'm laughing because I came here to post about a new tutor that I put up on Christmas Stenciling - Finished the tutor about a 1/2 hour ago, and just found this thread.

I have made and offered X-mas Patterns for a few years now, way before I opened my site, and maybe a few carvers did a few of them, But not many. My heart is in pumpkin carving.
But I find it Odd to see Carved pumpkins at Christmas - LOL
Sorry But it Don't Fit In.

Thanksgiving - Yea OK - But Christmas is pushing it.

I have about 100 X-mas patterns that only a few are carving?

So I was looking for other things these stencils could be used for.
And then it hit me, Years ago My Mom used to do our windows with window wax and stencils.

And this Kinda Faded out during the late 60's. (showing my age)
I made the tutor to try to help bring it back.

In this day and age RETRO is HOT.
And this type of decorating is Nostalgic.

The Wax when Dry gives off the same appearance as the spray snow, and cleans up much much easier.

I was Able to find (3) Websites that still sell the window wax.
And I also tested a few other things, and listed what else worked in the tutor.

The tutor also Shows how to make a Re-Usable Stencil .

So You make the the stencil once and re-use for years to come.
(as long as you take care of it and store it properly)

Check out the Tutor Here:

http://www.stoneykins.com/How_To.html

I also updated my Windowkin Tutor - Think I Have found the BEST way to make these now.

There's also a New Tutor on how to Stencil a Tee Shirt.

Happy Reading:

And YES Ryans Grinch will be on one of my windows this Christmas (as a windowkin) Along with a few of JP's patterns.

Hmmm wonder if we should still call them windowkins if used for Christmas ???? I mean where does the kin come in.