Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By nosferatu
It was my daughter's 4th birthday party last weekend . As we made our own invitations, we thought we would give the Thank You cards (for some of the children)a go too. Much as I would have loved to use Leatherface or Chucky on the cards, think it was a wise decision to play it safe with The Count and Creature Reacher on the envelopes.

They're a bit rough around the edges due to the coarseness of the black card used but I don't think the 4 year olds will be too critical an audience. They took ages to cut but were great practice as I will be cutting these onto pumpkins.

The sad thing is Sesame Street or its off-shoots are no longer shown on mainstream tv but I think the parents will love them due to nostalgia and hopefully want to find out more information. Each one has a Zombie Pumpkins sticker on the back. This year her nursery is having a Halloween Party and I am sending in four pumpkins as well as a pile of ZP leaflets.

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Man, those are fantastic. Really classy and fun. Thanks for putting the patterns to such good use, even outside the pumpkins. :D
By nosferatu
You may notice we have a wall that is a slight orange coloured wall in the kitchen in one of the photos. I did suggest that we put all your stencil designs on the wall and have a sort of Zombie Pumpkin Mural.
She politely said no. :cry:

However after the recent Lost Boys and Eeyore stencils I am now in with a fighting chance. If you did Maverick out of Top Gun, that would probably seal the deal but there is no way in the world I would ever request that. :twisted:
By The Vlad Hatter
nosferatu seems like a good guy, I'll take the heat and request Maverick for him.

I feel the need, the need for pumpkin seed.
By nosferatu
Gutsiest move I ever saw, Vlad
By nosferatu
Careful you don't crash and burn, Vlad!
By The Vlad Hatter
I get the feeling if I continue in a who gets the last post on this thread contest, judging by your posting numbers, I am going to lose, but I won't give up just yet.

You're everyone's problem, nos. That's because every time you carve a pumpkin, you're unsafe.
By nosferatu
You think I'm reckless? When I carve, I'll have you know that my stencil and my pumpkin come first.

To be honest, I'm running out of quotes......
By The Vlad Hatter
I'll admit it I had to look up that last one. I am a big movie quote guy and know a lot of them, but I never gave Top Gun much priority when cataloging what I keep in my head.
By nosferatu
Me neither......quite shameful isn't it? All those great movies to choose from and we have quotes from one on the lower end of the scale lodged in our minds.

Cathartic process though, with a bit of luck they are out of our system.

You carve long enough something like this happens. D'oh!
By The Vlad Hatter
Back to the actual post. So for those you used some cardstock and just cut them out with an exacto?
By nosferatu
Just ordinary, cheap, black, craft card - I use it mainly to put frames round my daughter's pictures (we don't have a refrigerator to put them on.....although we do have a fridge) and a sharp, cheap craft knife.

I suppose the better the card you use, the better end result. But I have about another ream of this stuff left, so that's why I made the envelopes out of it too.

People seem to appreciate the effort.
By Raven
What a great idea! Neat idea for Halloween party invite's or anyone with an October birthday. You did a great job on them.

As for stencils on the walls, some of the kids patterns would be great to use painting a kids bedroom.
By SaneInsideInsanity
wow they turned out really well that's an awsome idea though i personally would have used acetate cut out one stencil and painted them....but thats because im lazy mostly...can i be your daughter :D