Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By PirateRogue
Here are my first two paintings that I did with the pumpkin stencils. I hope you guys like them.

I'm not sure what to do next so I wouldn't mind requests. :D

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey, those are really nice. Cool use for the patterns. You got all the colors just right. The phoenix looks fiery with those shades of orange, red and yellow.

What types of paint are you using? Would the colors be able to be painted over black (or another dark color). My idea would be to try one on dark paper, so the design pops out like they do on a pumpkin.

If you do more, be sure to share, we'd love to see.
By PirateRogue
Thanks! I'm glad you like them! :D :D

I know they don't pop out very well. I don't think I could use black paper though since I copy the stencil onto the paper with carbon paper so I wouldn't be able to see what I'm painting.

My paints are watercolor acrylics so I don't think they would show up very well. I really appreciate the suggestion though and I'm going to try to figure something out. 8)
By PirateRogue
I got black construction paper and I tried the carbon paper on it. I can actually see it as long as I have good light. I also tried my paints on the black paper and they went on it nicely. My new painting looks a lot better than my first two and I hope everyone else thinks so too!

Thank you for the suggestion Ryan! 8)

By Zombie Pumpkins!
PirateRogue, I love it! That really pops out off the dark paper, like the Cheshire Cat himself, slowly materializing out of nothing. Nice color choices again. Very vibrant and Wonderland-ish.
By PirateRogue
Thank you very much guys! :D

I painted a new one. Those black smudges on it are me trying to cover up the gold smudges that were on it. :P

By nosferatu
Does that make you a "Pirate Rogue Of The Carribean"?

I like your paintings 8)

What will you do next?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
PirateRogue, do you have a black-light? You might consider doing some of these paintings black-light responsive paint. Or even glow-in-the-dark paint. Just tossing ideas out there.
By PirateRogue
I'm glad you guys like them!

Haha. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a big fan of Pirates of the Caribbean. 8)

Black light paints would make these look really cool. I'll have to see what they have at Michael's. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I know what I'm doing next but all I'm going to tell you is that it is from the Unique Creations section. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
very nice work awesome lines
By Raven
What a great idea! Very creative. I hope you keep sharing with us!
By Crystal
those are awesome. Great work I love them