Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Another great use for stencils are paper bag lanterns. Luminarias. These instructions come from Ready Made magazine (which featured a Zombie Pumpkins stencil last year).

Ingredients: Spooky doodle or stencil, paper bags, cardboard, light-colored paper, sand, votive candle or glass jar and candle.
Tools: X-acto knife, paper clips, glue stick.

1. Make sure the print or graphic element fits within the bag's border.
2. Place the cardboard inside the bag so you don't cut straight through to the back.
3. Attach the printout to the front of the bag with a paper clip and cut out the stencil.
4. Cut a piece of light-colored paper to a size that will cover your cutout and still fit inside the bag.
5. Run the glue stick along the paper's edges and adhere to the inside if the bag behind the cutout.
6. Pour an inch of sand into the bag to help it stand upright in the wind.
7. Wedge the votive candle in the sand, fire it up, and place your lantern on the stoop.
8. Make costume. Await visitors.

By sodajazz
you should start one of them world wide photo quest..... :idea:

get zombie stencils photographed at various sites around the world.... see how far the craze has spread :D
By Lil-Biggie
sodajazz wrote:you should start one of them world wide photo quest..... :idea:

get zombie stencils photographed at various sites around the world.... see how far the craze has spread :D
im in London, england and when i do my first pumpkin with ure stencil (which will hopefully be today! :) ) i'll take a pic !
By sodajazz
and so it starts :D
do you think i'll look stupid stood outside beatles exhibition (liverpool)
with pumpkin in hand......... hhhmmm....... might try.......... :D