Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
A friend of mine (thanks Don!) came up with this creative place to display a pumpkin stencil. On the front of a hard cover sketchbook/journal. A great place to jot down all your nefarious schemes.

I'm toying with the idea of offering such an item as a contest prize. Or... would anyone be interesting in buying a book like this (maybe with a stencil design of your choosing) on the front? Let me know.

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By kittehkat
Yeah, the books are cool, but what'd be even better is if you'd offer to make shirts for those of us who are stencil-transferring challenged.
By Dragon
Ohh, that book is pretty cool! Is it hardcover? It would make for a very neat contest prize.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yep, the book is hardcover, and I think I just might offer something like this as a prize.

As for shirts, those are a little tougher to have made on a small scale. But I'm sure stencils on shirts is something you could expect to see sold from this site at some point in the future. :D
By Dans banana Loafcake
I want that Book!!!!!

I'm Sooo entering this year, when do the phots have to be in?

Dan
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The specific contest guidelines haven't been posted yet, but as usual, it will involve taking photos of your carved Zombie Pumpkins. So take some creative photos of any ZP jack-o-lanterns you create and send them over to me. And don't worry, you have until November 30th to do so.
By Dragon
I plan to carve my three pumpkins with your patterns so I should submit them. I don't expect to win at all but I'll have fun. :)
By Dans banana Loafcake
Thank goodness, I've already done 8, and have taken phots of then on my phone, its just getting them off the damn thing and zipping them up and sending then that I'm having the problem with, I need a USB adaptor.

Dan
By Nikki
That book would be a rockin' prize especially for those artsy folks in here *ahem* Hahah
By GUS
too late to enter?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
4 years later... yes, you're a bit late for this particular contest. That book is still sitting on my shelf, if you want to hop in your time traveling Delorean you can try to win it from me back in 2005.
By paddy_babe
I know its 4 years a bit late, but did you ever develop the idea of selling the books? :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those books never came to be. One year we had 3-ring binders for storing patterns (which looked a bit similar to that book). That idea may come back eventually.
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:4 years later... yes, you're a bit late for this particular contest. That book is still sitting on my shelf, if you want to hop in your time traveling Delorean you can try to win it from me back in 2005.
My my, was that a hint for a pattern :)
Last edited by SuperSonic on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.