Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Kittie
I really need to do some new window kins this year. I have 10 windows on my front porch. . I could fill every one of them. . .
By GUS
LOVE the skull headed swamp monster (pic no 1)

...love it all Job well done :D
By Kittie
Can you carve a pumpkin? Window Kins aren't that hard at all. Trace them out and cut them out Tada!

I used black tablecloth and tissue paper for my first ones.

I have seen black poster board used also.
By OhhHenry
I must say, this is the first I have seen these.....I'm LOVING the idea! And it's as simple as transferring the pattern onto a board, cutting it out, then putting tissue paper on the back side of it??? Really???
By mesmark
OhhHenry wrote:IAnd it's as simple as transferring the pattern onto a board, cutting it out, then putting tissue paper on the back side of it??? Really???
I made mine with felt www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14847 and I just blew up the pattern on a photocopier. Then I pinned it down and went to town with an exacto knife. Each one took me an hour and a half to 2 hours. But that includes a beer (or 2) and a movie. :D

I use black felt (which is a little expensive but folds up nicely) and orange cotton fabric glued to the back.

You can use anything that would block out most of the light, styrofoam, cardboard, a black plastic table cloth ...
By OhhHenry
Ohhhh, wow - OK, I definitely have to try one of these this year....*it's a good thing I have one or two beers in my fridge* - thanks for the tips!