Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By CHmAliceINS
I've followed this board for years and have gotten lots of cool ideas but never posted any of my finished projects. After a short hiatus, I'm getting back into crafting and found myself revisiting old post once again. I love this site and all of the ideas shared so I decided to finally make my first post.

This is something I did awhile ago. In 2012 our local radio station sponsored a "Halloweenie Roast" concert that was co-headlined by Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson. I was taking my nephew and thought it would be fun for him to have a shirt to wear to the event. True to my nature, I was too cheap to purchase the one that the radio station was pre-selling. Then I got the brilliant idea to make my own. I used an old tee shirt and fabric paint (when that ran out I used some acrylic paint I had laying around). I made the stencils with freezer paper: the front is my modified version of the Halloween Hootenanny pattern (a combination of Halloween Hootenanny and Marilyn Manson patterns) .... I also used the Hellbilly Deluxe (smaller) pattern on the back. It's not perfect but was a lot of fun to make. Hope you like it as much as I do!

By pagemaster1993
That is pretty cool there. Welcome to the forum by the way. Hope to see more from you.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
CHmAliceINS, glad to see you posting here. You're more than welcome to show off your crafty side any time!

This shirt looks great, almost like a real concert shirt you might buy. Even cooler though, because it uses Zombie Pumpkins patterns!

Funny thing... I saw Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson in concert together (also in 2012, must have been part of the same tour). And I also had the idea to make a shirt like this using my Zombie and Manson patterns! I figured it would be an appropriate thing to wear, and might get a few comments from my fellow concert-goers.

Of course, this concert happened in October, when I barely had the free time to attend the show, let alone make custom shirts for myself. Thus, my shirt plan was never realized, and so makes me happy to see someone else followed through on the idea I had.