Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
So this year the devil is in the details. This year El Diablo is featured on a heart.

I also took pictures of the process, so that I could teach others that you can use pumpkin patterns for other things then pumpkins.

Things you will need: Pumpkin pattern, poster board, construction paper, tape, fine tip marker, razor pen, scissors, and a cutting surface(I use a cardboard box, but an Exacto board will do.)

Now lets get started!
First you want to cut out the gray areas. I recommend starting at corners.

The parts that you remove should be recycled.

Next place your cut out pattern upside down on top of your poster board(this makes the cut out match the direction of the pattern). Then trace it with your marker.

Now do the same thing to the poster board that you did with the pattern. Cut around the areas you traced. You may have to go around it a few times due to the thickness of poster board.

This is what it will look like when finished.

Now place your construction paper over it and tape it down. You also may have to cut off some of the construction paper depending on your design.

Then you are done, and can hang up your new decoration that you made.

I have this tutorial on my Facebook so that all my friends can do it, and have also used it to spread the word of Zombie Pumpkins! I hope you enjoyed it.
zombombie wrote:Looks great PM - Hope it went to a special someone ;)

Thanks for posting the process!
Your welcome. Is it okay if that special someone is me, because it's part of my personal St. Valentine's Day decoration collection.
Kayo wrote:oh page master what you failed to show is how many times i always stab my self by accident :roll:

yours looks great!
Oh your right I did forget to show that.

Just kidding. :lol:
Great Tutorial! It also looks fantastic by the way. Never thought of doing this until now. I might just have to put Patch Master in my room somewhere now.