Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By Raven
I was going to suggest the spray "snow" for windows, but Ryan beat me to it.

The stencils could be used for Christmas cards or party invitations, much like nosferatu did with Halloween thank you cards.

If able to shrink them and still look good, you can make your own ornaments. Most craft stores sell clear ornaments that you can paint.

Make your own wrapping paper. Get a solid colored paper and paint on the stencil.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, with this many great ideas, it seems I would have to make some Christmas patterns!
By Raven
Now that I'm thinking about it...

You can use powdered sugar on top of some of the pies everyone seems to make for Christmas like Ryan's birthday cake.

Paint the tops of some tins with the stencils to hand out Christmas goodies.

Use fabric paint to make Christmas themed t-shirts or on those fuzzy red Christmas stockings. Glittery fabric paint would look awesome.
By SuperSonic
zombiepumpkins wrote:Now that this has been suggested, I can totally see one of our forum members making this.

Possibly me.
oo im taking on that one but where would u get foam gourds at christmas time ???
By SuperSonic
"i really think they like this christmas thing" Jack Skellington
this post has become the nightmare before christmas but i would suggest this even for the snowkins idea (pumpkins in a snowman)
one jack pattern for the head
Sally for the middle
and santa on the bottom

i thought thats a kool idea
By CombichristGirl
i know i wanted to do the foa man. the spray snow and windowkins would be great. it would give me something to do on my basement windows lol
By nosferatu
RavensDestiny got me thinking..... cards definitely but how about placemats (see photo below) and name tags.

Ryan could do a run of limited edition Christmas stencils....not new ones, just ones with Santa or party hats on. I think the Joker stencil would work well saying Ho Ho Ho instead of Ha Ha and he could wear a little pointy triangular party hat and have a party blower in his mouth. Loads of the stencils could just easily have a santa hat....Freddie is another. The only downside is that you lose part of the design but I'm sure the Patch Master could work that out.

I'm thinking of getting a red present sack and having a go at embroidery!

In terms of NEW stencil ideas how about:

Ghouled,Frankenstein & Myhrr-der

Santa Claws Again, this would be creature reacher with a Santa Hat , beard and spectacles

Santa Clawed Santa zombified

and last but not least Chevy Chase because National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is the best Christmas film ever!

Anyway apologies to Ryan for bastardizing his Leatherface design and for the crudity of the santa hat but can you see the general idea????

By nosferatu
Again RavensDestiny is the inspiration! Instead of wrapping paper, how about CD and DVD Box Covers.

There must be a lot of people on this site who are going to send The Dark Knight to someone as a Christmas present. And The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Why not give it that personal touch by either making a CD/DVD cover?

Think red on white would feel particluarly Christmassy again .... I have just stuck a cut out of Edward Scissorhands onto a sparkly box but again it's just a rough idea not the finished article. I'll do a proper one soon.

I think they would look really smart if done with a bit of care and people always appreciate a gift a bit more if you show you have put some effort in.

By nosferatu
Found a better box. He just needs the hat and party blower......a bit more ribbon etc

By Raven
Nosferatu, I LOVE the Joker box! Very nice. I was actually thinking of place mats earlier. You could even make your own Christmas dishes with those clear plates, either paint with ceramic or glass paint on the underside of the dish or etch the design in the glass. Craft stores sell etching paste, makes it easy to do. The possibilities are endless. :D
By CombichristGirl
RavensDestiny wrote:Nosferatu, I LOVE the Joker box! Very nice. I was actually thinking of place mats earlier. You could even make your own Christmas dishes with those clear plates, either paint with ceramic or glass paint on the underside of the dish or etch the design in the glass. Craft stores sell etching paste, makes it easy to do. The possibilities are endless. :D
etchings would be great! they have stuff where u can etch plastic dont they? that would be cool go to the dollar store and grab some plastic martini glasses or something
By SuperSonic
okay im soooo doing that for sum halloween plates next year ill just buy sum blank ones from a store and spray paint em :D ..... wouldnt that wash out though >< im not sure
By Raven
They do have paint made for glass, however I'm not sure if it is water soluble or not, or safe for eating off of. Thats why I suggested clear plates and on the underside of the plate. Ceramic paint would work on plates, however it does need to be fired after painting. I'm sure there is a way to do it that I don't know about.
By matspud
zombiepumpkins wrote:Another idea that I've always wanted to try is... Artificial Spray Snow For Windows. Rather than spray it around the edges of the window to look like snow, spray it through a ZP stencil. Instant Grinch or Sandy Claws on your window!
This would be my suggestion. I had a haloween stencil set with glow in the dark spray last year and I meant to do them with ZP this year but forgot. Snow ones would be great.

Either that or copy your birthday cake .......ie stencil the top of the Christmas cake.
By matspud
nosferatu wrote:Found a better box. He just needs the hat and party blower......a bit more ribbon etc

THat is sooooooooo cool, Nos. :D