Exploring the many uses of patterns for other craft projects.
By chuckwagon
I recently started doing some cross stitching as a cheap hobby for filling my downtime on the road while traveling for work. I actually just entered one that I finished in the North Carolina State Fair competition for "first timers" with my "Cat in a Bowl of Ramen" as pictured below.

I also just recently started this new project of a crescent moon that will eventually have the text "I love you to the moon and back" added.

Both are intended as gifts for my daughters this Christmas, but overall I have really fallen in love with cross stitching, and lemme tell you it's funny seeing all kinds of people looking at you awkwardly as a 6'5" tall bearded and tattooed man in mostly black heavy metal band shirts with a ring in his hand doing cross stitching while waiting to board an airplane. But, it has gotten me to wondering if anyone else has transferred any ZP! patterns into a cross stitch. I think they would make wonderful little display pieces on a mantle or dining table.
amandap80, mesmark liked this
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That's great! You might not look like a typical cross stitcher, but I can see how it's a fun hobby. Similar to pumpkin carving, you can zone out while you work on it. It's relaxing, passes the time, and when you're done you have a piece of art you can be proud of.

I've never tried it myself, but someone gifted me this cross stitch of Jack Skellington, that I proudly have on display in my home.

By amandap80
My mom and I love cross-stitch! Although she is considerably better than I am. Here are a few examples of her spooky work.
mesmark, pumpkin_punk liked this