Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By DeadKing
Hello everyone.. from Croatia :wink: I'm new here. I hope I find my way here, and hope we can have fun together...
I recently bought a carving kit here, which is great. So I decided to join the forum because it seems very interesting and the folks around here seems to be great also. And because I love all the spooky stuff and all about Halloween... :)
By pagemaster1993
Welcome to the patch DeadKing.
By ghostface
Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a scary good time!
By SuperSonic
Quite the distance DeadKing! Welcome to the forum. Happy Haunting! :)
By Raven
Welcome!

I'm always asking people in other countries what Halloween is like there. I know in some countries it has not quite caught on and there is very little celebration. So what is it like in Croatia? Are there a lot of decorations available in the stores? Are there a lot of real pumpkins for carving? Is there a lot of kids trick or treating on Halloween?

Maybe I am more interested in Croatia because I've always wanted to visit there. It's extremely beautiful, but that's about all I know of the country.
By Raven
chuckwagon wrote: BTW- I'm lovin the new profile pic RD!
Thanks! I'm rather proud of this one, myself. :P

It's making me second guess my choice of costumes for this year and go with a Day of the Dead costume instead.
By DeadKing
RavensDestiny wrote:Welcome!

I'm always asking people in other countries what Halloween is like there. I know in some countries it has not quite caught on and there is very little celebration. So what is it like in Croatia? Are there a lot of decorations available in the stores? Are there a lot of real pumpkins for carving? Is there a lot of kids trick or treating on Halloween?

Maybe I am more interested in Croatia because I've always wanted to visit there. It's extremely beautiful, but that's about all I know of the country.
Yes, there is not so much of a celebration, it is more like fun for one night, but the people celebrate it in cafes and clubs. There is some partys under masks and some truly serius stuff in larger cities, but not so much in smaller places.
Theres some decorations available in stores, not so much, again in larger cities more of it. But I dont need it, I make my own stuff by myself :lol:
There are real pumpkins for carving. Not so much, but you can find them in stores. But that do not concern me. I have my own pumpkins. Actually, I have very big garden and I grow pumpkins by my self. I have about 40 varieties of pumpkins and squashes. But, thats just me... :D I love pumpkins... Last year I carved 100 pumpkins, all by myself. It took me a few days for it. I just love pumpkins and Halloween.
And of kids and trick or treating: not so much, but kids always disguise themselves and come to my house because they know where is the best atmosphere and mood on Halloween, where they will feel the real Halloween spirit, and I always prepare candies for them. But again, thats just me... :)
While I was little kid, we carved the pumpkins (faces) and we called them "baba Luca" wich means old woman Luca ( Luca is a female name). But in context that she is old and evil, a witch. I do not know how to explain you better the meaning on english. It is hard to explaine something like that. Hope you get it.
If you are interested, you can come, of course. Yes, It has some beautiful places. It would be a very long post if I started to list everything.
It's just the same as I have always wanted to visit the USA.
Hope you're satisfied with the answers. If you are interested in something else, feel free to ask me.
Last edited by DeadKing on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
DeadKing - Thanks for telling us about Halloween in Croatia. Very interesting! It seems like there are some masks, decorations and pumpkins to be found. In larger cities at least. And you are doing a great job spreading the Halloween traditions to others by making your own decorations and... did you say 100 pumpkins!? Wow. Great work.