Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
Howdy, folks!

Longtime lurker here, finally poking my head up.

I'm Billy, and I'm located in Southeast Michigan. For years, I'd been wanting to get into carving, but I didn't pull the trigger until last year. I think I did five pumpkins (I'll have to locate the pictures and post them at some point), all with a push pin and an exacto knife. They were a hit at our church's "Trunk or Treat."

After Halloween last year, I stocked up on some foam pumpkins while they were on sale, so I'm hoping to do even more this year. Plus, I've pulled out my Dremel, so maybe it'll go a bit faster!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been so impressed/inspired by the work shown here. I've soaked up a lot of knowledge from this board, and hopefully I'll take advantage of that, standing on the shoulders of the giants here.
Welcome to the board Billy! Hope you enjoy your time here. The Age of the Zombie Pumpkins! is upon us!
Welcome to the forum! I know exactly what you mean by being inspired by these amazing people! You are now officially surrounded by some of the most creative spooks out there. And I'm sure you've got some awesome creativity to share too!

You'll love it here. "They all float down here."
Hey Bill! Happy to hear from you. No need to feel like you're standing on the shoulders of the giants here... based on the carving photos you've shared so far, you've proven yourself an equal. All it takes is just one experience of carving a ZP pattern and you can become one of us.

*chants*.... One of us... one of us.... one of us....

P.S. Love your avatar. Please tell me that's you. What a great retro Halloween costume photo. Or... pardon me, maybe it was taken last week, I don't know. :lol:
Thanks to all for the warm greetings!
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:P.S. Love your avatar. Please tell me that's you. What a great retro Halloween costume photo. Or... pardon me, maybe it was taken last week, I don't know. :lol:
That is indeed little Earth G Billy, circa 1986 or so. I rocked the Spider-Man costume, with the oh-so-accurate mask! :roll: :lol: