Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By Pennywise
Hey everyone! I joined here a few days ago and wanted to introduce myself.

My name's Andrea. I'm 21, from Brooklyn, NY but now (sadly) living in San Diego. I am a costume maker and aspiring special effects artist. It is my dream to build animatronic and pneumatic characters, costumes and monsters. I'm currently saving to go to school for that, but right now I'm working as a bookkeeper at a southern CA grocery store (Stater Bros).

I began watching horror movies from a very young age (4-ish). I'd sneak into the living room with my little sister and hide behind the couch while my parents watched scary movies. Eventually they gave in and let us watch with them. My favorite horror characters are Freddy Krueger, Jason, Chucky, Michael Myers, David & Jack (the brothers in An American Werewolf in London) and (especially) Regan Macneil and Pennywise. I'm also a big fan of classic horror movies; especially the classics of Universal. I really love clowns and werewolves as well. And I don't like movie remakes...especially of the horror films I grew up with.

Aside from my undying love for Halloween and horror, I'm also a restaurant/advertising enthusiast. I collect McDonald's memorabilia, especially of the 80's moon-headed lounge singer 'Mac Tonight.' I have a large Mac collection totaling over 100 pieces, a lifesize statue of him and the original costume used in the commercials (minus the head, which is in Bob Burn's Monster Museum). I also collect movie memorabilia, pop culture, various mascots and advertising icons, vintage shirts, Halloween props and The Three Stooges.
By chuckwagon
Welcome to the Patch Andrea!! Nice to have you... Now I don't feel like the "newbie" anymore :lol: Good luck with school. The animitronics and special effects stuff sounds like the making of some GREAT Halloween decorations!! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we hope you upload some cool pics of your carves, and we can't wait!!
By ghostface
Welcome to the patch, Pennywise. I'm also a big fan of many of the same characters as you. Hope you enjoy the forum. :D
By nosferatu
Hello Andrea.

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing further posts. Love your bio and avatar. Being a book keeper, Pennywise seems a very apt username. Who knows, maybe this year will see the release of a much requested Pennywise pattern?
By SuperSonic
Welcome to the ZP community :). Seems like around here you'll have noooooo trouble fitting in. Who knows? "IT" may get an appearance this year :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Greetings Andrea! So you've been a classic monster fan since youth, you make costumes, you aspire to work in special effects, and you have an extensive pop culture collection? Um... yes, I think we'll let you stay. :lol:

Seriously, thanks for sharing your story. I have a feeling you'll have a lot to contribute to this forum. Please don't hesitate to share any photos or stories of your work, collections, costumes, carves or anything else you think might fit.
By pagemaster1993
Wow you have a lot of interesting hobbies. Welcome to the patch.
By MooBoo
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. :D
By monstermash
Hi Pennywise, welcome to ZP! I think you'll fit in perfectly here and I can wait to see what creations you come up with in the coming weeks. Have you built many halloween props? I'm sure we'd all love to see them.
By purple1worm
hi Pennywise! Welcome to the patch. Looking forward to seeing some of your carves and props!
By Pennywise
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I can already tell I'm going to like it here.
Being a book keeper, Pennywise seems a very apt username.
Hahaha, awesome. I didn't even think of that!
Seriously, thanks for sharing your story. I have a feeling you'll have a lot to contribute to this forum. Please don't hesitate to share any photos or stories of your work, collections, costumes, carves or anything else you think might fit.
Oh, trust me, I won't! I've got some Halloween-related art in progress right now, along with a Halloween costume of my werewolf character Lenore. I'm looking forward to finishing them so I can share them with the forum!
Have you built many halloween props? I'm sure we'd all love to see them.
I haven't built any props (yet). I'm currently learning animatronics, so hopefully I can build something soon! I'm just getting into making latex masks too, so we'll see how my sculpts go. :)