Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By jonmf77
Hi guys, my name is Jon. I'm a HUGE Halloween & horror movie buff. I actually have already started decorating my house for Halloween. I do a pretty good size display & party every year. I've been carving Zombie Pumkins for about 3-4 years now. And must say, absolutley love the patterns! Best around IMO! Just last year I made the switch to artificial pumpkins. Carved out quite a few and the best part is I get to add to the collection this year! But I am going to try and refine my skills by using the Saral transfer paper & the Versa heat knife tool. Should be some fun times ahead :D

Well, just wanted to say and hope everyone is getting into gear for Halloween......I know I am :wink:

Jon
By ghostface
Welcome to the patch! Hope you find the forum very enjoyable I know I do! I use the Versa Tool for my foam pumpkins and it works great.
By pagemaster1993
Welcome to the patch. Just in time for the beginning of Halloween.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Welcome Jon, I was hoping you might drop in on the forum, we call always use another devoted Halloween buff like yourself. Don't know if you noticed, but I shared your videos of your haunted home over in this topic. Hope that's cool. It's the stuff of inspiration, for sure.
By MooBoo
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
By Raven
Welcome to the forums! I watched the video's of your house and have to ask, do you keep everything on display all year or do you store everything somewhere and start decorating early? I can't even imagine where I would find room to store everything you have, I have a hard enough time with the few foam 'kins I have carved.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your yard display and carvings this year!
By Pumpken
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

In case you haven't tried it yet on foam pumpkins, covering the back your pattern with a thin layer of elmers glue, gluing it on the pumpkin, letting it dry overnight, carving right through the pattern with your versatool, then soaking off the remaining paper, might be easier than using transfer paper. You can also do this with a full sheet sticker paper so you don't have to soak it off, but I like gluing better if the pattern is very complex.

Have fun.
By jonmf77
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Welcome Jon, I was hoping you might drop in on the forum, we call always use another devoted Halloween buff like yourself. Don't know if you noticed, but I shared your videos of your haunted home over in this topic. Hope that's cool. It's the stuff of inspiration, for sure.
Thanks Ryan! Glad to be a part of the forum :) And no problem at all posting the links. Def hope it sparks some creativity. And I welcome any suggestions too :wink:
RavensDestiny wrote:Welcome to the forums! I watched the video's of your house and have to ask, do you keep everything on display all year or do you store everything somewhere and start decorating early? I can't even imagine where I would find room to store everything you have, I have a hard enough time with the few foam 'kins I have carved.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your yard display and carvings this year!
Ya storage can be a bit problematic at times. But I do have it down pretty well....Only trouble is if I keep adding to the collection I may be in trouble down the road...lol. And no, I don't keep it up all year...althought it's not a bad idea ;)

And yes, can't wait to start some new carvings! I may try and do a light show to music with all of pumpkins......we'll see if time permits.
Pumpken wrote: In case you haven't tried it yet on foam pumpkins, covering the back your pattern with a thin layer of elmers glue, gluing it on the pumpkin, letting it dry overnight, carving right through the pattern with your versatool, then soaking off the remaining paper, might be easier than using transfer paper. You can also do this with a full sheet sticker paper so you don't have to soak it off, but I like gluing better if the pattern is very complex.
That's an interesting technique. How does the glue affect the pumkin faces after the fact? Does that soak off too?
By SuperSonic
Welcome to the patch Jon!!! I hope you enjoy your time in this forum!
By sloaner
Welcome to the forum. You will fit right in here. No one believes me when I tell them this is the start of Halloween season, they actualy think it's some time in October. Those poor misguided fools :lol:
By monstermash
Hi Jon, it's nice to have another halloween nut on the boards. I'm just off to check out your haunt videos. Have you always been into halloween or have you caught the bug more recently? I look forward to your input and seeing your creations.
By CorpseBride
Welcome to the forum Jon! I can't wait to see what you have in store for this spooktacular Halloween season! :)=