Hey, what's new with you? Tell us about yourself.
By pagemaster1993
I was over at my local Target. Where last year my local Spirit Halloween store was, and saw that they were hiring and they were opening next month. So I applied for the job and hope to get it.
By sloaner
That would be cool. Then you might get a discount on some good stuff.
By Raven
Good luck, Pagemaster! I would say your chances of being hired are very good. I think my local one was hiring all through the season last year. If I worked there they could just pay me with Halloween decorations and costume accessories. :P
By pagemaster1993
Thanks guys. I would also gladly be paid in Halloween decorations.
By Chewy
Good luck. Can't wait for the spirit stores to open. It marks the shift to high gear for us (the change up between pumpkin patch work - and actual "Halloween" stuff)

That said I bought a skeleton at Costco yesterday. Got some strange looks for sure. Lol
By pagemaster1993
Chewy wrote:Good luck. Can't wait for the spirit stores to open. It marks the shift to high gear for us (the change up between pumpkin patch work - and actual "Halloween" stuff)

That said I bought a skeleton at Costco yesterday. Got some strange looks for sure. Lol
I that one. Every time I go into the party store I ask the cashier if I can go into their blocked off Halloween/costume section. They let me but give me that look.
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Did you get the job, pagemaster? And if so, can you get me a discount? ;)
No, I unfortunately get the job. In fact I never even got a call. Though I am not sure if I got the job I would be able to get you a discount, I can send you Spirit Coupons.
By pagemaster1993
zombombie wrote:Unlucky PM, there's always next year ;)
Yes there is. With most of the stores already open I do not intend to apply again this year, but if I am still out of a job next year or just want a part time job on the side I will most certainly give it another go.
By Mistress_of_Halloween
Unfortunately they don't open any specialty Halloween stores in my area, but I wish you luck next time. It might be better on your wallet though.